Walking Dead on AMC (Part 6: Everybody Dies) (No Comic Spoilers, Please)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DreadPikathulhu, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Interesting bit about the opening scene with Morgan and Wolves: I thought Morgan assumed the Wolf had no ammo. Yet he pointed the gun and tried to fire later. I thought he made a push or two in the conversation to determine if the gun was loaded and guessed it wasn't, but now I'm not sure. He's TOUGH.

And as for the Wolves, I keep thinking of this R.E.M. song:

"Wolves, Lower"

Suspicion yourself, suspicion yourself, don't get caught
    Suspicion yourself, suspicion yourself, let others out

Wilder lower wolves, here's a house to put wolves out the door
    In a corner garden, wilder lower wolves
    House in order, house in order, house in order, house in order
    Down there they're rounding a posse to ride

Suspicion yourself, suspicion yourself, let others out

Suspicion yourself, suspicion ourselves, suspicion myself

kouzie likes this.
  2. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure a lot of the people just guess immediately to try and get on the leaderboard....there's no way those people can react that quickly and almost get a perfect score so I imagine people just say "this week I'm guessing a,c,b" and if they are right their nickname gets on TV. That's how I see it.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's the first thing I said. "What? There's like 35 people in this entire town?" Cheap AMC bastid executives not willing to spend the dough to have (say) at least 100 extras. That's what you get with basic cable.

GentleSenator and Dubmart like this.
  4. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Am I correct in thinking that people "volunteer" to play zombies, if so I assume they are getting the numerous walkers for cheap and living people cost real money, especially if they say anything, it's very disappointing they won't spend a little more when it's their biggest programme.

5. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Truth be told, though, how many people do you know go to town meetings? For every person in attendence I bet there's at least 10 others that felt they had something better to do.

6. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I don't think there are so many distractions in the post zombie world, no TV, no cinema, no restaurants, no clubs, dinner parties, school parent evenings, ball games, etc., etc., also I bet the fight between Rick and the doctor is the most exciting thing that's happened there in weeks or months, unless AMC decide to spend some money I guess the population really is pretty small. There is a precedent for suddenly finding extras though, the prison was suddenly filled with people when it was attacked, perhaps we'll see a lot more Alexandrians if and when the wolves arrive.

trem two likes this.
  7. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

Considering that the meeting is regarding possibly expelling someone, attendance should be mandatory.

8. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

But the main problem with the Alexandrians is that behind those walls they are blissfully ignorant of the real world around them, continuing along as best as they can to pretend that nothing has changed. Maybe most of them want to continue with that illusion and going to the meeting would break that spell. Another theory is that people have been there long enough to tire of Deanna's smugness. I doubt I'd want to attend, either.

9. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

i feel sorry for Deanna. she's lost her son and husband.

Mr. H and JimC like this.
  10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member Thread Starter

I am at a loss to learn that in the latest issue of the Walking Dead comic it is revealed that the entire show is a bad dream that Carl had after eating too much tapioca pudding.

nbakid2000, Vidiot and Lownote30 like this.
  11. JimC

JimC Senior Member

And in a place where an issue such as the drunk doctor beating his wife is brushed aside, I can't imagine a town hall meeting being much of a priority.:laugh:

It's been a place of "go along, get along," or hear no evil, speak no..., see no...

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I don't think it was brushed aside. It was more a matter of "we need a doctor".

JimC likes this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, they're paid extras in SAG-AFTRA. It's a union show, so they can't just use a fan in a bit part unless they get special dispensation from the union.

14. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

There's no such thing as too much tapioca pudding.

15. DreadPikathulhu

Quite a bit of work goes into prepping the actors in the zombie roles, especially the ones that are shown up close. I was watching an extra someplace where they were teaching them how to walk and move around (did you know that all of the noises they make are added afterwards).

Given that they'll all covered in makeup, it's probably the same people over and over again.

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

There's your problem right there. If they weren't union, then you could easily find fans who wanted to be extras for crowd scenes. Pay them a box lunch and the chance to be background in a scene that makes it to air, and you can get tons of them.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  17. DreadPikathulhu

Kind of makes sense to bring in scabs to play the parts of people covered in scabs.

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Putting hard-working union people out of work in order for AMC to make more profit on a billion-dollar series is just cheap and crappy thinking.

19. That's not my understanding. I've known a few who appeared as zombie 'extras' and were not in SAG-AFTRA. Likewise, this web site agrees:

http://screencrush.com/how-to-be-on-the-walking-dead/

20. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I think that it's fine to be an extra without being in a union, but under NO conditions are you to get any dialogue.

21. They Taft Hartly or something to get extras from the University who are not sag aftra but they are still paid a minimum and fed and a portion goes to the union

22. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Just watched the season finale with the missus. I'm fairly convinced that the Wolves are the three people that were booted out of Alexandria. What happened to the woman remains to be seen.

JimC likes this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's perfectly fine, as long as the union clears it and it's not putting people out of work. Again, I'm befuddled as to why the producers won't even go this far, and instead we wind up with 10 background players instead of the 50 or so that we expected.

Mazzy likes this.
  24. From the link I posted above:

If you're wondering how to be on 'The Walking Dead' and you by chance reside in or around the Georgia area, you're in luck! 'The Walking Dead' films primarily out of Georgia in locations like Atlanta, Fairburn, Haralson and Senoia, to name a few, and consistently works with the Atlanta Extras Casting Company to score willing bodies that want to get the zombie treatment. Casting calls have been known to go out through the official Atlanta Extras Casting Company Facebook page, in addition to sporadic Craigslist ads posted to the Georgia-based sections. And if you're incredibly proactive to become a 'Walking Dead' extra, you should register on the official Atlanta Extras Casting Company website.

Vidiot likes this.
  25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It helps if you're already dead and are missing a limb or half your jaw.

Shawn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.