Bob Barker makes a surprise return to "The Price is Right"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

2. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Wow, that is so cool! Did he actually stay and host the whole episode? Did he remind viewers to spay or neuter their pets?

3. He DID...and it was a pleasure to see him so hale and hearty and still in full possession of his wits and game show reflexes dealing with the contestants...:agree:

4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Just watched this earlier this evening. It was a great stunt. Good to see him.

rburly likes this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

There isn't a show out there that reminds me more of spending summer holidays at my Grandparents than The Price is Right.

6. dirwuf

I'm pretty sure the guy at 1:25 is saying the "F word"...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Wow! He's looking pretty good!

Just looked it up - he's 91 years old!!!!!!!!

8. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

He was genuinely touched by the reception he got, he sounded like he was near tears. 91 and still lookin' sharp!

9. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Man that was really great

10. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

You can't not love the guy. Wow.

11. nojmplease

nojmplease Host, You Can't Unhear This

To be able to pull that off at 91...amazing. What a guy!

12. Bob's a 70-year TV and radio veteran...for him, this was like riding an old comfortable bike again...glad he was able to fit himself back on the saddle for one show...:righton:

13. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Watched some clips after work yesterday. He looks great for his age and seemed so comfortable hosting again it's like he hadn't missed a beat in the eight years he's been gone.

14. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

I am pleasantly surprised that Monty Hall is still alive and will be 94 in August. I haven't watched a quiz show in decades but when you grew up in the dark ages of only three channels, you ended up watching quiz shows often.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  15. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

He only hosted through the first pricing game, then Carey came out and took over. Here's a clip with the entire appearance:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  16. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

[Moderator action: deleted.]

17. dirwuf

Wait, I'm confused...in my original clip up top, the announcer says "Bob Barker" and in the clip two posts up, he says "Drew Carey"...did someone re-edit the clip to include an old Barker intro?

18. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

It looks like they did. The names being called in the clip you posted do not match the name tags of the people coming on down. In a couple cases, the genders do not even match ("Steven" is a woman and "Catherine" is a man). And you can hear the edit around 1:04.

19. frankfan1

frankfan1 Some days I feel like Balok

This was a great moment, especially for those of us who grew up with Bob's TPIR.

It also reminded me how sill the fanbois are when it comes to Drew Carey. They made such a stink about him, expecting Bob to host forever.

It's the same old show, with minor cosmetic facelifts. Drew has become a great host...but it was good to see Bob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.