POLL:ROLLING STONES-Which 6 songs could they play to get you to attend the 2015 tour?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Paperback Writer, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLGB

JLGB Senior Member

"She's A Rainbow" would be one of them. What a pretty song! I have plenty of their music but skipped this one for some reason until a few days ago. Do not have that particular album it came from. Would be great hearing their live take on it today.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  2. ted321

ted321 Forum Resident

Cant afford those insane tickets prices...Obscene!

Paperback Writer and Isaac K. like this.
  3. Prophetzong

Prophetzong Forum Resident

Can't You Hear Me Knocking
    When The Whip Comes Down
    Little T & A
    Rocks Off
    Slave
    Send It To Me

Rumored to possibly be playing Sticky Fingers in its entirety. Maybe for its reissue. If that is the case I'm in.

4. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

They'd basically have to raise Brian Jones from the dead before I'd ever pay those kind of ticket prices.

ted321 and Paperback Writer like this.
  5. Paperback Writer

Paperback Writer Forum Resident Thread Starter

Of course - Can You Hear Me Knockin'?

Lots of great suggestions here, keep em coming!

6. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

There is no set list that would get me there...the magic disappeared long, long ago.

7. duggan

duggan Senior Member

... and another thing.

I don't enjoy spending an evening surrounded by rock n roll tourists who never appreciated the Stones when young but have taken up attending mega concerts in mid life. It almost makes me pine for the days of being surrounded by hippies.

It's OK for Mick and the guys, they are being paid to put up with their new audience audience.:)

8. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

Not Fade Away
    No Expectations
    Fool To Cry
    Wild Horses
    Waiting On A Friend
    Harlem Shuffle
    Encore: Memo from Turner
    Special Guest Star: Tori Amos - Angie

9. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

none, there is nothing that would make go to a 2015 Stones show ...

10. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

Not to be a thread-crapper, but I agree. Based on the last time I saw them and the live clips since then I think I'd turn down free stadium tickets.

Small club, another matter. Red Rocks (as was ridiculously rumored early on)? I'd consider it. Stadium Stones in 2015? Thanks but no thanks.

Sorry, OP, for spoiling the party.

deadcoldfish likes this.
  11. Paperback Writer

Ha! No worries, no party spoilage, somehow the Stones will,get by without you. LOL

markbrow likes this.
  12. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

Thanks for the info. While the other 60s songs I posted above are a pipedream that I would never seriously expect them to play, I'm surprised they've never resurrected 'MLH' in later years. It's one of their better known and regarded 2nd tier songs of the 60s: I'm sure it would be well received if they revived it now.

13. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Since Jagger's attorney allegedly informed Taylor his services are no longer needed and that he will not be part of the 2015 tour, stories are currently being printed and broadcast about why it was a good thing he was removed from the band during the 70s. Perfect timing! In the music business, there are very few coincidences.

http://radio.com/2015/03/30/radio-c...alls-mick-taylor-quitting-the-rolling-stones/

14. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

I'd go if I could anyway, but would love if they started playing Fool To Cry.

15. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

None, or whichever ones they want? I don't expect bands to play my requests like a very expensive jukebox.

16. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

I would enjoy hearing the Stones play 'Hang Fire,' but Sir Mick Jagger should probably play it safe so as not to offend the queen.

17. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

Nothing on that list that I care for.

18. Paperback Writer

Thanks for that, very timely.

Mick Jagger: Rolling Stones May Play 'Sticky Fingers' on Tour
    "Maybe we'd play it and everyone would say, 'Great,'" says Jagger. "But maybe they'll start going to get drinks"

BY ANDY GREENE April 1, 2015

[​IMG]
    Mick Jagger says the Rolling Stones are considering performing 'Sticky Fingers' in its entirety on tour. Morne de Klerk/Getty
    The Rolling Stones are releasing a deluxe edition of Sticky Fingers on May 26th, and fans that see the band this summer might get to experience the 1971 album in its entirety. "We're floating the idea of playing the whole album," Mick Jagger tells Rolling Stone. "At the very least, we'll play the songs we don't normally play."

100 Greatest Rolling Stones Songs »
    Sticky Fingers tracks "Brown Sugar," "Wild Horses," "Can't You Hear Me Knocking," "Bitch" and "Dead Flowers" have been in regular rotation in the Stones set list for years, but others are extremely rare. They haven't played "You Gotta Move" since the summer of 1976, and "Sister Morphine," "Moonlight Mile" and "I Got The Blues" have been untouched since the 1990s.

Jagger isn't totally convinced that playing the whole album in stadiums is a wise idea. "It's a really great album," he says. "But it has a lot of slow songs. Normally in a show we'd just do one or two ballads. Sticky Fingers has about five slow songs. I'm just worried that it might be problematic in stadiums. Maybe we'd play it and everyone would say, 'Great,' but maybe they'll get restless and start going to get drinks."

Tour rehearsals begin in a few weeks and the group will use that time to figure out the feasibility of playing the album in its entirety. "I'm sure we'll have a go at it," Jagger says. "We play a lot of the tunes and know them pretty well. I think we've played them all at least once. It's not like trying to do [the 1967 psych-rock album] Their Satanic Majesties Request."

The Rolling Stones kick off the 15-city Zip Code Tour on May 24th in San Diego and wrap up on July 15th in Quebec. Tickets for all shows except Quebec go on sale Monday, April 13t

19. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

My 6:
    Sing This All Together (see what happens)
    Gomper
    We Love You
    Child Of The Moon
    Citadel
    All Sold Out
    I'd be willing to cough up serious coin if they pulled those out of the mothballs LOL

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Paperback Writer and longaway like this.
  20. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

21. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

Now there's an idea.... I would love it if the SF rumour was a fake-out to cover for the intensive rehearsals needed to bring that one to the live stage!

22. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member

Route 66
    Claudine
    It's All Over Now
    Rip This Joint
    Get Out Of My Cloud

23. Paperback Writer

Skip to content »
    Toggle NavigationMenu
    THE ROLLING STONES
    Toggle Navigation
    NEWS
    [​IMG]
    6 MAY 2013
    ORACLE ARENA, OAKLAND: MAY 5 2013 SET LIST
    Tonight the Rolling Stones played the second show of their 50 & Counting tour at Oakland’s Oracle Arena. They were joined on stage by Tom Waits for the blues classic ‘Little Red Rooster’, Mick Taylor for ‘Midnight Rambler’, and the San Jose State University Choraliers accompanied ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’.

Get Off Of My Cloud

It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)

Live With Me

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

Little Red Rooster (with Tom Waits)

Dead Flowers

Emotional Rescue

All Down The Line

Doom & Gloom

One More Shot

Honky Tonk Women

Before They Make Me Run (Keith on lead vocals)

Happy (Keith on lead vocals)

Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

Miss You

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

ENCORE

You Can’t Always Get What You Want

Jumpin’ Jack Flash

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

THEN - there's the task of putting in your songs over those from the last tour like the show I saw in Oakland. (Above) I see five I could easily replace.

AND What about those one-off guest spots like Tom Waits?

24. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Free tickets would be the only way.

25. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Sway
    Jiving Sister Fanny
    Soul Survivor
    Ventilator Blues
    Parachute Woman
    Stupid Girl

Alternates
    Child Of The Moon
    Claudine

joethomas1 and Paperback Writer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.