Essential Tommy Bolin

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cryingbluerain, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

You might want to pick up Whips And Roses 1 & 2 or Teaser Deluxe if you don't already have them. These have alternate longer and different takes of tracks from the Teaser album along with some unissued jams. The sound quality is mostly very good for outtakes. Some of the instrumentation, arrangements and musicians are different than on the official versions.

2. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

The frustrating thing is that Greg Hampton created some 'frankenstein' mixes with multiple lead guitars playing at once, creating a blurry sonic picture.

dbz likes this.
  3. Sean

Sean Senior Member

4. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

I hope they located the master tapes. It's been the reason why we haven't had a really good reissue of this album.

The fact they don't mention this in the advert tells me they still haven't found them. I hope I'm wrong.

Rick A.

5. kohoutek

kohoutek Forum Resident

Teaser on vinyl still sounds great--played a few weeks ago, then again last week, and it is now my go-to Bolin LP. What a cool record it still is, after all these years. He rips it up on "Savannah Woman."

6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

This is crap.... like all other Bolin reissues, butchered by Greg Hampton. The master tapes were lost after Trident studios closed!

7. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

That's correct Claus. It was last seen in Trident. Man, how many iterations are we going to have on this album.

And believe me, I want a great version. I just love this record.

Rick A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.