gohastings.com almost all used CDs $3.99 thru Saturday

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by n.phelge, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident Thread Starter

Correction - looks like it runs thru Sunday.

Sale also in-store: http://www.gohastings.com/browse/MUSIC/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2457 4294929392 2600/departmentName/MUSIC.uts?utm_source=HS_Eblast_RSD_04162015_399CDs&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=RSD

Items were dropping out of my cart as I was adding them (Dylan complete, Beatles mono box, etc.) but I was able to finally checkout - we will see what actually ships.

Note: they quite frequently ship the incorrect item or a badly scratched disc, so you may have to deal with calling them up for a return label.

sgtpppr84 likes this.
  2. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

How reliable are gohastings? I ordered a bunch of double CD anthologies and a box set. When I check the order status, they're all out of stock. Maybe I ordered the last copy of all of them?

3. n.phelge

From my experience, if the status is "In Progress" then they are attempting to fulfill. You will get an email stating when it is either shipped or cancelled.

4. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

I ordered sacd copies of So, That's the way of the world, What's going on, Blood sweat tears and zombies for $25 total. Let's see what happens next.

5. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

You're going to get non-SACD versions.

6. puffyrock2

Slowly but surely, items are beginning to ship. Looks like everything is coming separately...so I can expect tons of packages.

Here's my haul for $3.99 each. I searched 'Anthology' to find all the double CD's, mostly Rhino sets.

Beastie Boys Anthology: The Sounds of Science
    Anthology
    - The Monkees
    The Anthology: 1968-1992- Richard Pryor
    Hey! Ho! Let's Go: Ramones Anthology
    The Dust Blows Forward (An Anthology)
    - Captain Beefheart
    Beyond & Back: The X Anthology
    Anthology
    - The Guess Who
    Platinum Collection - Genesis
    Message in a Box: The Complete Recordings - The Police
    Original Album Series - Madonna
    Original Album Series - Aretha Franklin
    Original Album Classics - Earth, Wind & Fire
    Live at the Roxy: The Complete Concert - Bob Marley
    Funk on Fire: The Mercury Anthology - Ohio Players
    The Essential George Jones
    The Platinum Collection
    - Enigma
    Platinum Collection - Gary Moore
    The Essential Nina Simone
    The Essential Donovan

Just had to share....hopefully I get everything.

Malina likes this.
  7. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Lets hope slickdeals didn't catch wind of the sale.
    I was able to snag a few box sets as well, already had one ship hopefully these will be in good condition, but for $5.28 total per box set, I'll take the risk. Plus I got 2.5 percent cash back for Ebates.
    if anybody was actually able to snag that massive Dylan set, or any of the Beatles stereo or mono, those were the huge ones on this one, hopefully whoever got them is not a reseller and enjoys music and bought for their personal collection.
    There is even a new buy 2 get one FREE code "gogreen", but you must pay the dollar 29 cents shipping and handling on the free item

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  8. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I think it's better to receive the CDs separately. One bubble envelope per CD. Better protection. Course, sometimes, they use the grey plastic bags. (not much protection) The shipping charges are the same, if you 1 or more CDs.

9. Jason Pumphrey

yep, I prefer bubble mailers or boxes they offer the most protection

10. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

Psst... buy 2 get one free works as well. :edthumbs:

alankin1 likes this.
  11. Jason Pumphrey

Hastings can be shady, last week I ordered the CD of Spirit The Family that Plays together, and what I received today was not the version that I paid for, the 1996 Sony legacy version with the bonus tracks in a jewel case, what did they send me a cardboard sleeve version with something on the label that says original album classics, I will be responding to them via email so we fun, as it is not a legitimate release.

12. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

A typical Hastings goof, but it is a legitimate release actually - part of this box.

[​IMG]

13. Jason Pumphrey

Okay, still not the item I thought I was getting when I ordered it

14. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

And I don't blame you, Jason. Hastings does OK on new items but they've sent me the wrong versions several times for used releases. They might show an MFSL or SACD version in the product description but you end up with a plain old CD.

15. This is going to end up very badly if people haven't shopped with GoHastings before and get picky about condition or the actual item they receive.:laugh:

sparkydog and jeffsab like this.
  16. Jason Pumphrey

oh boy, dont tell me that, Friday I ordered going by their description, the following gold cds:
    Whos Next MSFL
    The Who -Tommy MFSL
    Jimmy Buffet - Songs You Know By Heart MCA Masterdisc
    Derek and the Dominoes MFSL
    Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get MCA Masterdisc

if this is not what I get, as this is what I thought I was getting, they'll be getting a lot of emails from me!

17. n.phelge

Yeah, I put a caveat in the initial post about their incompetence - if you do get any incorrect or damaged items, call customer service and they should provide a return label.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  18. Jason Pumphrey

it would be neat to see if any of those sets were actually available like the Beatles or Dylan sets, and if anybody actually picked one up and have it ship!

19. poidog

poidog Senior Member

My World Party - Arkeology shipped.
    I hope it's in good shape.

20. puffyrock2

Everything shipped but 2 items for me. I ordered 29 CD's total. If everything is correct and in good condition I'll be very, very lucky.

21. Jason Pumphrey

Prices back up, the fun is over

22. Jason Pumphrey

four the items that I ordered during the sale has not shipped, are they known for cancelling?

23. Jason Pumphrey

Got 2 items today, S&G Old Friends (discs were lightly scratched but they should play fine in my players, the book style case and book are in good shape), Jimmy Buffett - Boats Beaches Bars and Ballads (the box had a few imperfections, but the discs are near mint)

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They'll ship if they have them, cancel otherwise.

All items ship from retail stores. Items need to be pulled from the store. If it's something that was ridiculously priced and the sale was in-store as well, it probably would get sold in the store before it could get pulled. Example: Beatles box set. But sometimes you get lucky.

25. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

Got 2 of my 5 "sacd's". Blood swear tears regular disc in a cracked case. Marvin Gaye what's going on regular disc in masters series. 0-2 so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.