Where will you ring in Record Store Day 2015?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by levi, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam Thread Starter

One more bump to celebrate RSD Eve. :cool:

Fullbug likes this.
  2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Probably nowhere. If I do, I'll go to CD Warehouse, but they try to hide as much as possible what type of special deals will be going on tomorrow, so there's really no incentive for me to show up.

EDIT: found out. May or may not show up. I may actually spend the morning re-arranging my stereo system.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  3. TheOx

TheOx Forum Resident

Lost and Found Records, Knoxville, TN. It's an all day party, live bands, food/drink and hanging out with friends. The RSD releases are secondary, I think I bought one RSD single last year. Depending on if I can find what little I'm interested in at a price I'm willing to pay I may not buy any RSD releases. Doesn't matter I'll have fun anyway.

4. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

Love that record store! Great place.

TheOx likes this.
  5. Stan

Stan Forum Resident

Down the street and to the left.

6. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Been queuing since 2. Temp's dropping rapidly. Frost forming. Discovered the shop's not got my main 'want' (Greg Allman). Thinking of giving the Samaritans a call.... Or maybe the Salvation Army. Bring blankets. And more tea....

Fullbug likes this.
  7. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Gates of Hell

8. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Been in line for almost 2 hours at Scotti's records in Summit NJ. About 25th in line.

levi and Clonesteak like this.
  9. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

:righton::frog::righton::righton::righton:
    Been in line at Satelitte Records in Kzoo for 40 mins and I am only 25-30 in line. It is in the 50's which is warm compared to last year. Happy finds everyone.

levi likes this.
  10. 762rob

762rob Forum Resident

Can't do the line thing but will head to Grimey's in Nashville and possible a few others, only wanting 3-4 titles.

Wish we had decent public transportation here, everything is geared for cars cars cars, sometimes not even any sidewalks...

Last time I went the day after and still got everything I wanted.....Grimey's puts out a ton of cool stuff in their $1 bins which is fun too.

levi likes this.
  11. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

My hospital bed.

Just had surgery. I'm
    I picked up Chet Atkins over at Sundazed from the hospital room -and have two friends perusing two different Newbury Comics stores for me at their comvnience today.

just my luck that there were plenty of titles I wanted for this go around and I would have a health emergency(all well now).

levi and panasoffkee like this.
  12. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Get well soon Rob - don't underestimate the healing power of music!

levi and RobCos02330 like this.
  13. RobCos02330

Thanks so much for the well wishes Jeff!

levi and JeffMo like this.
  14. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Ebay, watching the flippers.

:-popcorn:

15. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

It's like watching the stock market here for the next several days.

nbakid2000 likes this.
  16. abefroman1971

abefroman1971 Member

Arkansas Record & CD Exchange in North Little Rock , AR Todd Rundgren will also bee ringing in RSD there.

levi likes this.
  17. In the comfy couch in my den. I don't do vinyls. ;)

18. 33.3rpm

33.3rpm Forum Resident

A friend went to Gold Million Records in Bryn Mawr Pa. (Philly suburb) for me...Stood in line for 90 minutes...got Strange Days mono, Springsteen Darkness and Born to Run and a few used copies of various bands...nice!

levi likes this.
  19. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I will ring it in online tomorrow when Bullmoose puts up the rest of thier inventory.

20. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

This is why I couldn't paticipate in the 2014 RSD Black Friday event-kept away from public gatherings for possible virus catching,so I found the Miles Davis Blue Xmas 7" yesterday,on a beautiful Spring day. That piece should have been a tribute to Bob Dorough,as he was about to celebrate his 31st birthday at the time of release. Bob contributed to writing credit on both the A & B side and sang on the A side.

levi likes this.
  21. RobCos02330

the two I'm disappointed About not getting are Frank Sinatra and Neko Case. Very frustrated in that regard. I could've grabbed Neko but for 60 bucks on EBay? seems so wrong.

levi and DLant like this.
  22. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

The Sinatra disc was all I wanted, but alas I didn't make it out to any shops.

levi likes this.
  23. RobCos02330

I just scored one on EBay for 42. Hated myself but didn't want to go without that one. Meanwhile my other pickups were(through friends making trips, to myself buying online yesterday).

1. Everly Bros(a friend heeded my FB cry for help)
    2. Decemberists(same)
    3. Basement Tapes/Mono Hudson(same)
    4. Willie Nelson(Ameoba as I PAINSTAKINGLY refreshed my browser as they updated inventory and added online buy ability for RSD)
    5.Chet Atkins(Sundazed online).

My only miss was Neko Case.

Thank goodness for friends! I usually rant about FB, but laying in a hospital bed, it sure did redeem itself.

levi and DLant like this.
  24. AleYeah

AleYeah Forum Resident

I don't collect vinyl, but nabbed a few new CDs for only 5 bucks a pop, what I happily normally pay for used discs. Isbell played a lively and energetic 6 song set before hitting the road for his concert in Columbia Saturday night. Good times all around.

levi and RobCos02330 like this.
  25. sfp

sfp Forum Resident

Music Millennium
    Portland, OR

levi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.