CD Japan Shipping ?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Waynefi, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waynefi

Waynefi Confused over the confusion ? Thread Starter

What method do you pick for shipping to the US ?

2. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

They send fedex. The last few orders I don't remember really getting an option or that was the default. More recent orders seem to be a different process that is now from order to house on the east coast a week tops and I've been impressed.

3. Waynefi

Thanks, it looks like the rate is now $19.00 for FedEx ?

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I think I just picked the cheapest. I'm cheap like that. :)

Mr. H, Malina and sound chaser like this.
  5. old school

old school Senior Member

I use EMS 3-6 days to the west coast. Fed Ex is CDJapan's most expensive option.

macdaddysinfo likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the cheapest way always delivers the goods...love this company.
    they care...

7. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Cheapest option to UK is about $5 - excellent value, the same would be about $13 from the US - go figure.

8. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

The good part about the shipping is the speed of delivery, which I believe is very beneficial for the buyer and seller alike. The possibility of your order being damaged or lost during transit is significantly reduced. EMS has a great tracking system and DHL can be good as well.

Mr. H likes this.
  9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the last time I ordered from them the shipping was 600 yen about 6 US dollars...

10. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

I like the way they charge actual shipping and not screw you on "handling".

11. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

sound chaser - I would love to order from them but it's the import / VAT / customs charges scenarios that puts me off. Ever had any problems?

12. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

I'm noticing that you can usually find their stuff on Ebay for the same price or cheaper, plus not shipping from Japan. I got this interesting email from them yesterday about The Staple Singers - Swing Low Sweet Chariot + Uncloudy Day +6 that I've been waiting to ship for a month or two:

"Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen shortage, suppliers are no longer able to fulfill orders for the item below.

In order for the distributor to fulfill the order, they needed to manufacture more copies, but they were not going to be able to do so unless enough orders accumulated.

Unfortunately, there were not enough orders, and so they did not manufacture additional copies in this time."

They refunded me 17 dollars and change and I got it from Movie Mars for less than 13. Heads up Staple Singers fans if you want this one.

13. MC Rag

MC Rag Forum Resident

Yes, they show the total amount of the purchase on the outside of their packaging and so if you're ordering more than £14 worth it may well get the import duty + handling charge - I've had this most times I've ordered from them in the last year. So buying from ebay probably works out cheaper (you can get those guys to put whatever value you want on the package) unless you're buying 5 or more discs.

lwh1 likes this.
  14. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

My last order which was sent Fedex but again I did not do anything special or ask for shorter time was 2560yen so I will try EMS next time.

15. jrice

jrice Senior Member

I use the cheapest option. Usually takes a week or two but can take a month, so if you're an impatient person it might not be for you. Package always arrives in perfect condition.

16. Waynefi

Great info thanks all !

17. sound chaser

I haven't had a problem so far, but I only do SHM-CD not Platinum, and one at a time with the cheapest shipping option, which keeps it just under the import threshold. I'm not sure, I think it's about £16-17 at the moment. (Sorry I didn't reply earlier, didn't get notification of your quote).

lwh1 likes this.
  18. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

Thank you. :)

19. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

CD Japan give an option to mark the parcel as a 'gift'....should I tick that option when buying from them?

20. Claude

Claude Senior Member

I use cheap Airmail. It's very reliable (although not traceable) and quite fast (7-10 days to Luxembourg, which is two times faster than Airmail from the US).

CD Japan packaging is the best. I usually order 2-3 discs, which they put into a very sturdy cardboard box.

21. sound chaser

According to my account settings it seems I do, though if the amount is under the threshold you shouldn't really need to. I don't select gift wrapping though, just the 'envelope' option, which is a box small enough to fit through a UK letter box and very nicely packaged, as usual from Japan.

bobcat likes this.
  22. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

So with 'gift' and 'envelope' it's one or the other?

23. sound chaser

Looks like both, I can't get far enough back into account details to tell, but that was for the last several orders.

bobcat likes this.
  24. sound chaser

You also get points with each purchase, and 300 bonus for your birthday :)

25. sound chaser

Let me know how you get on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.