Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Neil Young will be found hanging out with the jawas at some point....maybe the new cantina band at Mos Eisley?

[​IMG]

Holy Diver likes this.
  2. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

This is a great observation. :righton:

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I can't wait! :goodie:

4. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

[​IMG]

It's also great tragedy.

Smiths22 and Quadboy like this.
  5. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

It would be heartbreaking if they went this route, and it would be taking the kind of chance that Empire did, so I applaud it. But the new characters had better be very strong...

bru87tr likes this.
  6. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Disney is going to make a Star Wars movie every 3 years from now til forever (with stand alone movies in between)how are all the characters we love NOT going to die eventually?Unless they choose a point in time where the future stops in the Star Wars galaxy and just retread water with new actors portraying Han,leia and Luke.

artfromtex likes this.
  7. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

I'm speculating again, yes, the old trinity is gonna be reunited again on episode 7 (Leia, Han, Luke) but if they are planning something fatal for Han and a new young trinity is on its way, pretty much the old one will be no more, Luke going sith sounds logical and pretty dark for me (like TESB the favorite of the fans) , and Leia going widow and brotherless at the same time, in all that despair she becomes the new hope, there's another...i personally don't see Luke and Leia alone on episode 8 sitting on a chair training new jedis...so will see...

Allen Michael likes this.
  8. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Sorry, but I cant Fisher being a main actress in this. She is just too wacked out acting. I bet shes a nightmare to work with at this point. Ill glady be proven wrong and eat crow; but I just cant imagine her as "the new hope" with a ciggie hangin out one side of her mouth and lightsaber flinging about...

"You g**amn right Im a She-di!..Suck on the end of this Sith Boy!"

On the other hand, that would be an AWESOME line.

9. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

This week at Celebration (which is a week long SW exhibition, for those who don't know), they had different costumes on display. The thing that I found sort of interesting is that
    All of the Stormtroopers were labeled First Order, which must be what The Empire is called now. And the X-Wing is labeled 'Resistance', instead of Rebel.

10. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Just A Flea-Bit Peanut Monkey

Episode 8 is scheduled for release May 2017, just 17 months after The Force Awakens. And with the first standalone film (Rogue One) due Dec 2016, that's 3 Star Wars films in 18 months!

11. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

And don't you expect at some point in the future Disney will just re-boot the whole franchise by re-making A New Hope? I've been watching Celebration streaming off and on since Thursday. I'm still not happy Disney abruptly ended The Clone Wars cartoon but its replacement Star Wars: Rebels may get a little better in Season 2.

12. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Yeah, the way The Clone Wars was ended was disappointing. It was a good series and I loved the art.

13. Smiths22

yes i agree with you, i have thought about that too and for the exactly same resason ]Mark Hamill having the same age as Alec Guiness (Kenobi) can't be the main hero either fighting the ultimate boss on episode 9 ...but he couldbe be a kind of evil old emperor...who knows.

14. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Oh boy, that just made me think, "I sure hope Harrison Ford will play Han Solo rather than Harrison Ford"... Apropos the danger of reprising an iconic role decades later.

15. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

or..there is ..another.

Watching Return tonight. Vader says this to Luke "If you will not turn to the dark side, perhaps she will.."

Maybe, just maybe, the Princess becomes the new evil...

I think fans would be more accepting of her rather than Luke turning evil.

Carrie wouldnt require a whole lot of make up these days :D

bru87tr and Holy Diver like this.
  16. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Also, as far as Lukes hand not being flesh covered, he has some flesh zapped away during Return Of The Jedi. Perhaps, in exile, it further wore away.

17. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

If they want to reboot something, go back and redo the prequels. They need to be completely rethought and depoliticized to a degree. Not to mention the human factor and horrible script/acting.

Solaris likes this.
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Interesting idea. We will see.

19. Smiths22

ha ha.

For those who have seen the leaked artwork who is that guy with the artificial hand? Appears to be Luke... or do you think that's a completely new sith? let's do a poll! :biglaugh:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  20. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

I think this is going to be a huge blockbuster and a great movie! I'm in no way a 'deep' Star Wars-fan; I loved the original trilogy, got very bored by the prequels and now J.J. Abrams has done the thing he wanted to do anyway; take over the Star Wars-brand. The trailers look fantastic and they look exciting too! Abrams may be too much of a Lucas-fanboy to make revolutionary decisions and I hope he can turn a way from too many lens-flare moments, but it's going to be thrilling! :)

bru87tr likes this.
  21. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I'm 99.9% positive that you will not see one lens flare in The Force Awakens.

22. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Someone posted in the previous thread that Anakin's lightsaber is being handed to Leia in the trailer. That can't be the case as Luke lost the saber in Empire when his hand was chopped off.

23. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Well, thats the whole premiss of the "speculative" plot. That the saber Luke lost is found (supposedly along w Lukes hand grasping it?) by Finn(?), Rey(?)..and the quest begins to find its history and the owner....which is ultimately Luke. Like a Holy Grail type thingie sorta.

Now, whether this rumored central plot is true?.....we dont know.

Speculation that has been in the Star Wars underground rumormill for awhile now.

Smiths22 and Encuentro like this.
  24. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

It is the same light saber.

fuhrsy31 and Smiths22 like this.
  25. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I didn't care as much for that Clone Wars. Now, the Clone Wars cartoon that Genndy Tartakovsky did, I really enjoyed that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.