Record Store Day 2015: how much did you spend?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rocker, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B_big!

B_big! Vinyl Record Enthusiast

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .[​IMG]

Nothin' yet!

freetolive likes this.
  2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

If you were going to purchase all the Springsteen LPs, you know you could have just purchased the LP box set released last year and gotten a really nice "scrapbook" type book that came with the box. The LPs in the box are the same as individually released.

3. popscene

popscene Senior Member

The store I always hit first holds a parking lot sale every RSD with 50 cent records and $1 CDs...and usually get a "bulk" discount on top of it. I walked away with 46 LPs and 10 CDs for the princely sum of $27.

I added another $20 for 20 records at a thrift store after that.

Grand total: 76 albums, $47.

(Admittedly, since I couldn't get anywhere near the inside of an RSD participating store yesterday, I'm going to make the rounds today to see what's left.)

freetolive and Tjazz like this.
  4. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I got 28 free CD from a nearby store. (2 are defective, so far) :D:rolleyes:

freetolive likes this.
  5. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I'm not telling, but suffice to say I spent way more than I wanted, and more than on any other RSD (which was due to the fact that I also purchased 2 Non-RSD items that were expensive - the Ryan Adam Carnegie Hall Vinyl Box (around $100.00) and the Thom Yorke "Tommorow's Modern Boxes" (for $50.00 the vinyl edition).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  6. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

$30, Looking forward to hearing George Thorogood's original bassless mix on his debut album.

7. BrewCrew82

BrewCrew82 The Most Notable Member

$150 U.S.

Left about $100 at the store that I wanted. I'm comfortable where I landed.

8. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

About $30 on RSD items, $45 on non-RSD and stayed within my budget.

9. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

10. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

$22.98 plus sales tax for Mr. Sinatra. :righton:

11. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Went back today. It's now more than 44 USD. :) Granted, most of it was on non-RSD items.

It's twice a year - that's what I keep telling myself....

12. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

About $50 - $32 for the magnificent sounding RSD release 'My Squelchy Life' and the rest on older, used 70's releases.

I almost bought a 2-lp Paul Desmond live but I have played him so much recently I'm afraid I'm going to get burned out.

13. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

$160 at the store yesterday and $70 online today for Rainbow Ffolly and Sloan.

14. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

The Miles Davis 10' Prestige Collection Vol II $ 79.99

I might buy more if it strikes my fancy over the next few days ...

15. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

About 400 dollars and that is without stepping into a store, couldn't find one in Venice Italy with any product but my daughter stood in line for 2 hours in Denver and got the Grateful Dead, Govt Mule, Doors, Dylan pink vinyl and then I bought another Dylan pink vinyl online. And I hate to admit a week ago I wasn't buying anything but the Grateful Dead lp. Good grief!

16. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

$200, including having to pay some f$!king flipper a $20 premium for the Miles Davis box on that auction site.

The haul from my local (Electric Avenue -West Chester):
    Thelonious Monk - The London Collection Vol. 2
    Jerry Garcia - Compliments
    Various Artists - Music To Drink Beer To
    Ryan Adams - Come Pick Me Up
    Junior Kimbrough/Black Keys - Meet Me In The City

Bill

17. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

They were very limited. Bull Moose didn't get any, and Newbury Comics only had a small number spread among their stores.

@Jrr you might call NC stores in Harvard Square or Newbury Street. I was told they had more copies of this than other stores for some reason. I was fortunate to pick one up in the suburbs yesterday.

hi_watt likes this.
  18. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I know. It was the fun of getting them all on Record Store Day. Besides, I have the CD box set with the scrapbook.

19. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

It was 'record store week' for me and I spent $10.23 online for a couple of old OJCCDs

Wes Montgomery and Cal Tjader.

Treasures !!

Paul Saldana likes this.
  20. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Just under $100. Only RSD item was a Springsteen album, the rest were non RSD vinyl releases.

Have to say that Rolling Stones in Norridge (just outside of Chicago) has built up a decent vinyl section. Knowledgable employee by the name of Fred was very helpful.

21. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

£40. I went to my local store and he was doing RSD for the first time, but he didn't have much in, and what was worth having had been snapped up an hour before. It would have been £43 but he cut it down to £40 for me since I'm a regular. Deep Purple one was steep for a new 7" at £14, but I love the shop and didn't mind, knowing it would help towards the upkeep. Only one of the items I bought was an RSD one:

Deep Purple - Black Night / Speed King 7" (blue vinyl, RSD new)
    Kraftwerk - Autobahn LP (new)
    Blur - Stereotypes 7" (pink vinyl, orig used)

22. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident

In store, $29.99 on Tomorrow's self-titled album in mono.

Online, $75 plus $4 shipping ($96 CAD) for that damned Elvis record. Sigh.

23. I spent $850 and didn't get the one thing I actually wanted (Red House Painters box set, though no biggie since it's apparently getting individual album releases).

This is a lot more than I've spent before and my haul was a lot less. But it's understandable since I ended up with 5 box sets all in excess of $100 (only 3 were RSD releases).

I'm actually considering returning the Grateful Dead and Phish NYE box sets since I spent so much. I'm waiting to read reviews on the quality of the sonics before making up my mind.

I was also surprised that the Get Behind Me Satan's went so fast. I assumed that was going to be a wide release and looked for it after I searched out the rest of my list. They were long gone by then. Anyone know if a further release is coming?

24. The Carnegie Hall release is in stores already?

25. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

About $130 but the only RSD items were Deep Purple 7" and the Johnny Cash "Prague." The rest was all new & used vinyl. The best buys were a totally mint ZZ Top Deguello lp with the bag and the first Fleetwood Mac on Epic for $18 each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.