Australian ebay seller shipping question

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by btomarra, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

Sounds about right. Good luck!

2. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Nothing wrong with those numbers as mentioned. Living here I've got used to waiting for international purchases.

3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Hi Peter. I just read your post, I've been a bit busy packing up my life for a move back to UK in 3 weeks. However, I just needed to mention that Australia DOESNT have "first class airmail". Not an option. Maybe he just chose that option from the eBay list but we don't actually have first class mail. So it's either regular airmail which is about A$14 for under 500g. Even more at about $29 if your bundle was over 500g. The next delivery speed upgrade, which is an express service is closer to $50, even for under 500g. Crazy I know. AusPost is mega expensive. But on a plus note, I've found that most items I've sent to USA always arrive in 7-10 days. Unless it gets stuck in customs. If you want to see the services actually available then use the AusPost calculator:

http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-parcel.html?searchCriteria.countryCode=US

Muzyck likes this.
  4. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Thanks Mark. The items showed up last week...with a twist. The seller decided to split the shipment into 2 parcels. The first parcel was sent "Registered Post". It contained two of the items that were of greater value out of the seven purchased. The second parcel arrived four days later. I was actually pleased to find that the items sent first were registered (and that it arrived first... :) ). And you are correct. First shipment took about ten days based on the date on the "postage paid - $13.65 - GST free" sticker. Don't know about the second. I did not see any date.

Good luck on your move (and checking in your music collection at the baggage counter for the flight back.... My recurring nightmare. ;) )

5. imarcq

Glad they all came in the end, they usually do. I don't think registered should be any faster, it's just got the extra security for the seller, rather than buyer. Regarding my move, everything has now been shipped in 9 big boxes. I posted them all in the listening on vinyl thread yesterday, just before the shipping guys collected them.

Cost $1500 all up, door-to-ship-to-door so not cheap. But just selling off all my prized music, not easily replaced was not an option. I'm sure that would have cost much much more to even attempt to replace everything, even if I could. When you have taken great pains to track down certain vinyl pressings it's not so easy to just sell them all off cheap to a dealer, or as a lot on eBay. Would have broke my heart I think. Definite nightmare not to be repeated any time soon.

And the unloading in two months time is a bit of a problem as its all going in my Dads crowded small house, back in my old room. Still, I returned to watch over my Dads health now, who is in his mid-80s. I'll miss OZ, but there's lots of musical and other advantages being back in London. I'll even be able to zip over the pond music shopping to NYC for the weekend!

E.Baba and Muzyck like this.
  6. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Sounds like seller did a good job.

Back to Blightey with you Marc, ; )

imarcq likes this.
  7. imarcq

Might get some better weather lol! And some more vinyl with low (or hopefully no) postage.... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.