Ryan Adams "Live At Carnegie Hall" (April 21, 2015)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I spoke with someone at Acoustic Sounds this morning. She basically said that they *should* have enough copies to fulfill all pre-orders, but couldn't guarantee it. Also didn't know if it would be a 1st or 2nd pressing.

I asked if this was being pressed by them and she said that there wasn't any info to that effect. Oh well. I guess if I don't get a copy then it wasn't meant to be.

2. Mark Mc Guinness

Mark Mc Guinness Forum Resident

It seems that they are taking orders for the 2nd press until April 1st and then press what orders they receive for dispatch in July.
    Wish they did this for the Live after Deaf set.

3. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

This is by no means complete, but from 2008 to the present, Ryan has a few things you can only buy on vinyl. The ORION album, which I happen to love, came with a download, but can only be purchased on vinyl. The "Class Mythology" EP is only on vinyl. It has 2 7"'s. The excellent "Gimme Something Good" b-side, "Aching for More" (maybe the best song he released last year) is only on vinyl. Also, these are vinyl-only:

2008 - Heavy Orange/Asteroid
    2009 - Oblivion/People Need Sunlight
    2011 - Empty Room/Nutshell
    2011 - Petal in a Rainstorm (flexi-disc. came with Pax-Am Records' Ashes & Fire deluxe)
    2011 - Come Home (early version)/Star Sign
    2011 - Do I Wait (early version)/Darkness
    2012 - Heartbreak a Stranger/Black Sheets of Rain (RSD)

4. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

Thanks - I'll have to track some of that down. I knew the more recent pax am have also appeared on iTunes, did not know there was so much else.

5. wbhendrix

wbhendrix Forum Resident

vinyl "shipped" from paxam on thursday but USPS still shows nothing... hurry postal service, i need my new shtuff.

6. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Vinyl shipped and currently sitting in Oceanside, CA

7. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

anyone dl'ed the Mp3s? link just keeps going to Kim on sendowl. I was under the impression we would get the entire set as a download.

8. wbhendrix

wbhendrix Forum Resident

i think we will get a new link on the release date (tuesday).

I'm anxious as well, i cant wait to hear this!

Erik B. likes this.
  9. Kim was a preview track for people that ordered the complete set.Nothing else is available until 28 April when you will be sent another email with a link for the full download.

Erik B. likes this.
  10. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

thanks

11. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

just received my box. Unfortunately it only comes with WAV 16/44.1 files instead of 24/96 as was advertised originally. Pono have said it is one of their 24-bit releases this week so it will be interesting what the resolution is

Inside the sleeves it has copies of Ryans handwritten setlists for the gigs, aside from more tracks from 1984 plus Look in the Mirror, Miss Sunflower Blue from Suicide Handbook is also on there. Its cool he's thinking about digging up old songs like that like he did with Petals In A Rainstorm for Ashes & Fire

Erik B. likes this.
  12. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

I assume the download code is inside the box ?

13. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Are these band or solo performances.
    I ordered the 2nd pressing but couldn't find any info!

14. glewes

glewes Forum Resident

solo acoustic

jumpinjulian likes this.
  15. jumpinjulian

Thanks. Thought so!

16. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member

I'm confused...
    When did the first pressing come out?
    When does the second pressing come out?

17. jumpinjulian

I think the first pressing is shipping now and the 2nd pressing isn't shipping until July...

18. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

My copy from Bullmoose arrived yesterday, haven't had a chance to listen to it.

19. Turntable Fan

Turntable Fan Forum Resident

I received mine today.. First LP is spinning.. sounds good so far.

20. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I have the 10 Songs version on pre-order from Amazon along w the Heartbreaker re-issue vinyl - both show a June 9 ship date. Would be tempted to grab the complete set off HD Tracks etc if not for the $200 dropped at RSD last weekend. Kind of puts a $60+ digital set on the back burner for this week.

21. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

I've heard it is going to 2nd pressing (7/17) already, due to the demand. Believe it or not, I just found one today at a record shop, not marked up (while all the scalping jackarsses are asking two-hundie) ... Haven't peeled it to make sure all is intact and copacetic, but I'll see. Won't count my eggs, until they hatch.

Happy (LIVE) Listening!

paulbright81 likes this.
  22. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

I haven't received anything physical yet, but I did receive a download link for all of the songs, haven't had a chance to listen yet.

23. bholz

bholz Forum Resident

I received mine today from PaxAm. Packaged very nicely. Spun the first night. Sounds good. A few more pops and clicks than I would like. I'll clean the second night tomorrow and give it a spin. Side size on the first night is just applause tracks. Haven't listened to the entire side and would not be surprised if there is something fun hidden in there.

24. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

Mine arrived from Bullmoose two days ago but I'm waiting until my next day off to sit down and give it a listen.

25. wbhendrix

wbhendrix Forum Resident

just got mine about an hour ago and am spinning it now. The sound is superb and really clear. Im a happy listener :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.