Survivor: Worlds Apart - Season 30

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GlamorProfession, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I was disappointed in Jenn too. For someone who doesn't want to be there, she still competed pretty hard in the challenges. I hope she gets over this malaise and starts playing the game again full out, but her comments have probably left a bad enough taste in some people's mouth that they would hold it against her if she got to the final anyway.

2. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

She was fine when everything was going here way but once Hali was gone, she checked out mentally. If she'd wear a t-shirt instead of that bikini, I'd be truly disgusted with her.

3. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

4. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I wonder if Jenn has checked out or if that is her game for now. Knowing that she will be the next target as the no-collars disappear. She did still compete. It is like she is saying one thing but doing another. Might be her game to flying under the radar until blue collar cracks.

I guess we will see.

gotityet0 likes this.
  5. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

got me wondering too

6. Ridin'High

Ridin'High Forum Resident

The last episode increased my dislike for her. (Yes, I know that she's hot and she can be sassy too. That's all good. In the end, though, she seems to be a spoiled brat.)

Btw, I receive Entertainment Weekly's summaries after the episodes air. Through the comments left there last week, I learned that there has been a mini-scandal. People found a whole lot of race-oriented comments that she had previously made in various accounts, including Twitter. Here's a sample (read at your own peril):

Dealing w/ a Jew hipster after a full Muslim prayer sesh happened two feet away from my sleeping location is not my cup of tea

The mall smells like fat people, soup and Mexicans. I wish there was another way to get to Aldo #whitepeopleproblems

it's always weird seeing a black super hipster...kinda like seeing a teacher outside of school..just..thats not right..no Stop that..

Black man on the street just yelled at me "yo girl you're wearing my favorite color-blonde". Does this mean I'm pregnant?

why do black people have such f*cking dark skin?

cool, every person on campus before 11 am is a freshman and an ass kissing f*g*ot

I laugh every time I see an asian at a community college.. You know their family hates them

Just met an Asian named Irene. Mind=blown

an Asian is the pilot for my flight to salt lake.

kids, try your best to not be black or hispanic

There's more, but you get the gist. Even if she was just trying to be funny ...

Those are from the last 5 years. She's 22 or 23 now. Apparently, she thought that she had deleted all this stuff before going into Survivor. After the posts were made public, she did write a nice apology:

I said some terrible stuff and I’m embarrassed that I ever typed those words. They aren’t representative of how I feel at all - they were a stupid attempt to be funny. My words weren’t funny, they were just offensive. I can’t unsay them. I can’t excuse them. But I can take responsibility for what I’ve done and apologize to everyone whom my words have hurt. It was insensitive and I've grown up a lot since then. I have removed it all. I love all people.

I hope she's being sincere ... Just five days ago, she placed this photo in her Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/1kKJDBNsqp/

7. agentalbert

What's the significance of the picture? I don't get it.

8. Ridin'High

Well, Hali and Joe are gone but I still have Mike and Carolyn.

In the last episode, we saw yet again more of the Shirin vs. Carolyn situation, and we also saw that Shirin is strategizing hard. Meanwhile, we get no scenes with Carolyn. Not a good sign, usually. So, I have just about lost hope for Carolyn; I'm thinking that Shirin will win that brewing battle for sure.

Hopefully, Mike can survive Rodney's attack, or I'll be left with nobody to root for. (Maybe Sierra? Maybe not.)

The game turned a page last week, and might become a little more predictable now. Hopefully not. But it's looking like Shirin is going to be the deciding factor in much of what happens next, since she can stay with the Mike side or go with the Rodney side + she can carry Jenn along with her. She (Shirin) would seem to be facing danger from Rodney, since he really doesn't like her (+ we saw Will fighting with her in the previews), but the Mike side could protect her (despite Dan's dislike). Jenn might actually and suddenly be in the very best position out of anybody: with her main allies gone and collective knowledge of her desire to quit , there might not be any interest in targeting her anymore. And even if there is, Shirin might try her very best to keep her in the game ...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  9. Ridin'High

I don't know how she wants us to interpret the pic, but the thing to notice is that, amidst the wine, glasses, and bowls of food, she has placed something else: two guns + about five bullets. At the very least, she's being publicly provocative, which does not inspire confidence about the sincerity of any previous online apologies.

Still, I'd rather she were just trying to be provocative than being serious in any shape or form.

Most likely just her brand of humor ... and perhaps somebody else's, too (since there are two bowls, two glasses, and two guns).

Edit: I had missed her little comment about the picture. "Average Thursday with the best." So, yes, just her (their) brand of humor.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  10. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I'm a little mystified why a couple of those people voted the way they did.

11. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It threw me as well when they showed the votes.

12. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Random thoughts on this episode. My wife can't stand Mike but I like him. He's playing about as hard as it's possible to play. They've got a pretty confrontational bunch this season. More entertaining than everyone following one person like sheep. I felt sorry for Will at the auction but that passed as the episode went on. He really made himself look like a dick with his comments to Shirin and then at tribal council. Dan is like a cartoon character (stay away from me Lucky Charms!).

13. agentalbert

Yeah, he's my least favorite person in the game.

14. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I honestly can't stand Mike - that auction stunt he pulled is exactly why I hate him. He is a total hypocrite. It was nice seeing Carolyn & Tyler somewhat playing under the radar. It takes a lot for me to feel sorry for Shirin - Will gets credit for that at least (jackass).

15. rburly

I agree about Will. I used to think he was just a load who was going to fly under the radar as far as he could. And I have never liked Shirin at all. Will's spastics in camp and then defending his crap at Tribal Council was unforgiveable to me. I know he'll be dragged along as far as he's needed for votes, but he went way past being someone I'd want to win anything.

It's looking like Mike and Shirin are the next up to leave, which is why I thought Dan might use his 2 votes and go along with the crew of 3. I can see how keeping the votes until he really needs them will serve him in a few weeks, but that was some vote. I think what happened (after seeing that Shirin and maybe Mike (?)) voted for Jenn, I think what we didn't see is that Jenn told Shirin, at least, to vote her out because she wanted to go.

I really have no respect for someone who auditions for a show, along with thousands of other people, and then decides to bail on her chance to keep playing halfway through. People at home who auditioned I'm sure are livid at her. I hope Jeff calls her on that in the finale, though he's lightened up on calling people on stuff like that in recent years.

16. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

I've been mystified all season:confused:

17. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

He's as bad as Rodney. And me thinks Carolyn moving up this list too.:rolleyes:

18. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

I am rooting for Mike. And Shirin was pretty impressive knowing the game. She kept the personal notes from home at a cheap $20 bucks for everyone:)

rburly likes this.
  19. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

There's no excuse for the way Will attacked Shirin:mad: I was sooooo happy to see her stand up to the ass. And not let him get his personal note from home. :goodie::goodie:

20. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident Thread Starter

Will has some serious ugliness in his soul. that was really despicable of him the way he went off on Shirin.

imagine if the final three was Rodney, Will and Dan :sigh::shake:

21. rburly

And as far as we know, it could very well be. :eek::rolleyes::rant:

22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Jeez. This season is a cluster. No one left to root for, no one worth a ****. Actually, I take that back - there is one person left that I wouldn't mind winning, and that's Tyler. He's the only one who doesn't seem to be a complete and utter d-bag at this point.

I liked Mike for a while, but not after last night's shenanigans. I was also kinda pulling for Will, but again, after last night, no mas. Even though Shirin was dumped on inexcusably by Will, she was one of the 3 who started the whole thing by accusing Will of holding back food after he had shared all of it with everyone. Mike gets the blame for instigating it, but she was right there agreeing. Of course, Will took it way, way too far, but his anger at being called out is understandable.

The only really interesting thing that happened game-wise is the reward that Dan won. That should be very useful.

Survivor: Worlds Apart is now officially relegated to multi-task-viewing in my house for the remainder of the season. Looking forward to a clean start with a new installment in a few months.

xdawg and GlamorProfession like this.
  23. rburly

Did anyone see the previews for next week? Tyler looks through Will's bag and sees that he has two votes? That should stir things up.

24. agentalbert

Yeah, I saw the gun in the picture. I just don't see how that has any bearing on whether her apology for comments she made years ago is sincere or not. I don't see the connection. But she's gone now, so ...

You mean Dan's bag.

I was glad she did that too. He completely deserved it. And his offer to give up participating in the challenge was giving up nothing. There was zero chance he would win it anyway.

I don't really see the big deal about Mike planning on backing out of some deal to buy letters at the same price. He clearly wanted the advantage more than a letter, and they all pressured him into the deal. He shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place. Dan and the others made way too big a deal of that, imo. Why in the world should gameplay be suspended during an auction where game advantages are up for sale?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  25. rburly

I do. It was a quick post. Thanks for picking it up! :)

gotityet0 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.