Bull Moose music

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by JamesD1957, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident Thread Starter

This may be in the wrong forum. I use Chrome as my primary browser. I just set up an account at Bull Moose but when I went to checkout, I noticed that the https: was red, had an X by it, and was crossed out. I tried going to that site with two different computers. Same result. I tried going there with Internet Explorer, and it showed as secure, but with what I'm seeing through Chrome it makes me a little nervous to enter my credit card. Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

I can't comment on Chrome but I have no problems with Bull Moose. I've used them many times. Don't they accept Paypal?

3. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

Make sure you have the most recent version and updates for Chrome, clear your cookies and type in the address instead of pulling it off of your favorites.

4. POGunter

POGunter Forum Resident

No security problem with BM in general. We were trying to place orders Monday noon when RSD mailorder went live on two computers simultaneously using different browsers. On BullMoose at that moment the Chrome browser eventually went through and completed an order. The computer using Firefox had problems until the peak period passed. Not very scientific but I can definitely verify that Chrome works on the BM site under the worst conditions.

5. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I did not see that option, but if they do, I'll definitely go that direction.

6. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

Bull Moose is definitely a safe website, they've been my #1 place to go to when buying box sets and some albums because not only are their prices usually much cheaper, but they have AMAZING customer service.. Definitely recommend them

ti-triodes, jsayers and sgtpppr84 like this.
  7. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

I've been a patron of Bull Moose for almost 20 years both in-store and online. Reputable would be an understatement...they're top notch. Most likely it's just an issue with Chrome.

DmitriKaramazov and Vinyl Addict like this.
  8. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Same here. At least 15 years. Some of the best service ever as far as I am concerned.
    They even located a couple RSD items for me from another store and had them sent to my local Bmoose. I was lucky enough to score the the last White Stripes that Bmoose had in their inventory!

DrBeatle likes this.
  9. listner_matt

listner_matt Still thinks music is an inexhaustible resource

I just had this problem with Chrome going to an internal site related to my job. Same red slash in the https of the URL string, and a little lock icon before the string. I sent a note to our tech support, and it turns out the issue is on the server side (something to do with an expired credential in their https setup).

So the good news -- it may not be you, even though you saw this issue in multiple browsers. You could be helpful and send Bull Moose a screenshot if this persists -- who knows, they may throw you a discount coupon!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Vinyl Addict likes this.
  10. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

No to PayPal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.