gohastings.com almost all used CDs $3.99 thru Saturday

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by n.phelge, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

So far I have 4 of the 15 CDs I ordered. One was too scratched to play. Hopefully I end up better than 25% damaged. I emailed them to see what they propose to do.

2. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Of the 29 CDs I ordered, I have received 6 so far. 5 of them are OK. Instead of the Sony/Legacy double CD "Essential Nina Simone", I received an RCA disc from 1993 with the same name. I have a sneaking suspicion I will probably receive the single disc version of "The Essential Donovan" instead of the double CD version.

3. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

One order cancelled Bob Dylan box

4. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

Glad to see nothing at Hastings has changed.

Ordering from them is kind of like asking your parents for stuff for Christmas when you were a kid. You *might* get what you want, but usually not everything, and some stuff is going to leave you disappointed.

5. Jason Pumphrey

As long as I get the correct MFSL and MCA Gold Masterdiscs I ordered...

6. Jason Pumphrey

Billy Joel box set just got cancelled, was part of a buy 2 get one deal too, I'm pissed!

7. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

this is going to end badly :)

marcb and jeffsab like this.
  8. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

A received a CD without the booklet. When I called, they basically told me 'tough luck.' They only guarantee the digital playback.

9. Jason Pumphrey

recieved Eric Clapton Crossroads this afternoon, IN GREAT SHAPE, I was shocked!

10. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

Always say the CD is scratched or that it skips. Then they're great about returns. Sometimes I have bought the same title from them multiple times until I get one that is in good shape.

Tjazz likes this.
  11. Jason Pumphrey

Well, I got regular discs of Who's Next (the one with the bonus cuts), and Jimmy Buffett Songs You Know By Heart (record club issue), of course these were supposed to be the gold discs, per the items description, luckily the Jimmy Buffett CDs was a free CDs from the buy 2 get free deal, as it was only the $1.29 S&H fee, I will just keep that one, but I'll be sending an email about the who's next fiasco

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Complaining will be like complaining to a wall. No matter what you say, the response will be a canned version of "So sorry to hear that. Find a prepaid label attached with which you can return your item. Sorry, we do not do exchanges. If you want another copy, check our website."

sparkydog and black sheriff like this.
  13. Jason Pumphrey

The problem with buying stuff sight unseen!

14. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Packages are still arriving slowly but surely. Today I got the 5-CD "Original Album Classics" by Madonna and the box set "Message In A Box" by The Police and both are in very good shape. Instead of the double CD Jim Croce 'Bad Bad Leroy Brown" collection I received a 10-track single CD. Just last week, I found a used copy of the "50th Anniversary Collection" of Croce for 3 bucks and that collection has more tracks anyway so no biggie, but they really need to sort inventory by UPC codes and not album titles alone.

15. poidog

poidog Senior Member

World Party's 5-disc set Arkeology arrived today in excellent shape.
    That was a nice surprise after a challenging day at work.

Jason Pumphrey likes this.
  16. Jason Pumphrey

so I emailed customer service about the who's next CD, and they told me to contact eBay, I did not even buy the disc on ebay, I bought it on their site, I don't know what's going on...

17. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

I got my Peter Gabriel so sacd and zombies greatest hits sacd. Batting 2-4. Waiting on ewf that's the way of the world.

18. Stullyca

Stullyca Forum Resident

I had similar issues with gohastings. The second time I had issues I called their customer service and politely but firmly complained. They refunded my money and told me to keep the items in question. It may be worth calling - if you get a sympathetic rep it can make a difference. It didn't get me the item I really wanted but at least a refund and no work involved in returning items.

19. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident Thread Starter

Call customer service, give them your order number, and give them the UPC of the item you ordered, explaining that the version of the item you received doesn't match the item you ordered. They will either allow you to keep the item without returning (depending on the price) or send you a return mailing label. I've done this more times than I can count, and I have no idea why they don't either improve their inventory system or somehow penalize the person who either enters the item incorrectly in the inventory or pulls the incorrect item to mail out.

jeffsab likes this.
  20. Jason Pumphrey

Plus, until this sale, I never had an item cancelled, this sale I had four.
    I'm starting to think nobody scored a Beatles or Dylan box from this sale, I bet they cancelled those as well.

21. Jason Pumphrey

Yippee, got Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink..., and I got the correct MCA Masterdisc gold CD, in NM condition, DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!

sbsugar likes this.
  22. Jason Pumphrey

Some good news bad news,
    Tommy arrived today and I DID GET the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab gold Ultra disc, and its in mint shape, only thing missing is the lift lock case (came in a standard one) but that's no biggie, I can probably find one.

Whos Next was the original MCA release, us MCAD - 37217 Hoffman's mastering? (There is no UPC on the back BTW.

the worst offender was, instead of getting the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab version of Derek and the Dominos that I ordered, I got the 20th anniversary remixed edition, not to happy bout that

23. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

These guys hosed up a few of the discs. Sent the wrong one, didn't send others, sent ones scratched. I emailed them to take care of it and they were totally clueless. A paypal complaint cleared it up. Total waste of time trying to work with them over email. Clueless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.