Yoko Ono Book Signing in New York

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know this will not be a popular thread, so apologies in advance.

Yoko Ono will be signing her latest book on April 28 (from 6 to 8 PM) in New York, at a bookstore called Bookmarc, on 400 Bleecker Street.

[​IMG]

Would any of you please ask her to sign the book (or anything else) with a dedication to Carlos, please? I would be really happy to get it while it's possible, as she's 82 years old already.

If someone can do it, please send me a private message.

Thank you.

2. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

What's she gonna sign with - white ink? invisible ink? imaginary pen?
    If she does this straight it's kind of beneath her, no?

3. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

It may be beneath her because you have to climb a ladder to get her to sign your book.

Huck Caton and Daniel Plainview like this.
  4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Be sure to frisk any Hoffman forum members at the door. They seem to hold a grudge.

Fullbug and Vidiot like this.
  5. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have talked to the Marc Jacobs customer service, but they cannot sell the signed book online. Besides, they do not offer international shipping.
    It will probably a short line, so if anybody is planning on attending the event please send me a private message. Thanks.

6. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I met Yoko in 1994, and she was very delightful and happy to sign an autograph and pose with fans for photos.

The thing is, at the time I was not into vinyl anymore (I've since become a big record collector again) so I didn't have her sign an LP cover. I have been wishing ever since that I had another opportunity for her to sign an album... so I wonder if Yoko would sign something else so long as we buy the book?

7. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

8. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I'd like to meet Yoko and shake her hand. I have nothing but respect and admiration for her.

BTW, I've seen her on Japanese TV, and I've noticed that when she's speaking her native language (which I can understand a bit of), she comes across a lot warmer than she does when speaking English.

pdenny likes this.
  9. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

It was so much easier in the old days:

[​IMG]
    (Selfridges, London, July 15, 1971.)

I could'a been there - but wasn't. Damn!

10. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

She's only 82?!?!?

11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Short line? Seriously?

No matter how much crap Yoko gets from some parties, she's still a legend. I suspect there'll be a big crowd for this!

12. xilef regnu

xilef regnu Senior Member

I've heard that witches tend to live for hundreds of years...

[​IMG]

Huck Caton and The Trinity like this.
  13. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

I wish I was living in NYC for this, I be on line for the signing and Thank Her personally for everything.

Rick A.

LandHorses likes this.
  14. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I make noises like that after I've eaten too much ice cream.

Just kidding. :)

I sort of get what she was going for with that art piece (believe it or not).

16. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I heard of a couple autograph collectors having success via mail with requests for personalized signatures. One even got a signed Christmas card without any connection.

17. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

I walked down from work today....Flatiron district to the west village. What a night! Beautiful weather and a very nice turn out for this event. No surprise, the crowd skewed a bit older, but I saw plenty of young people as well. Left work at 5;15, arrived about 5;45. Yoko arrived around 6pm, and I was in front of her at 7:15 PM. She was signing one book only, no other items. She appeared happy and very excited to be there. There were a few wishing trees on the way out and I added my "peace and love" note to one of the many crowded branches. Truly a magical night!

[​IMG]
    screen capture freeware

[​IMG]
    host images

[​IMG]
    image post

[​IMG]
    image upload no registration

18. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

She looks great! Thanks for sharing.

19. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

How much is the book? I met her a few years ago at the old Borders store by Madison Square Garden when she was signing copies of the "Yes I'm a Witch" cd. Got there early enough so wasn't too long of a wait. She was very pleasant. Glad I met her. (And May Pang, and Cynthia, and Olivia...man, I met more Beatle wives and girlfriends then Beatles lol)

Fullbug likes this.
  20. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Glad I decided not to take the trip in that case. Don't get me wrong... Yoko looks great here, it was a gorgeous day... and it's a great opportunity for those who've never seen her before... but I would have liked to get Yoko's autograph on an album cover (perhaps DOUBLE FANTASY) this time. I already am happy and lucky to have met her twice in 1994, except she signed an index card once and a page from a book the second time.

Thanks so much for your report and the great photos.

ex_mixer likes this.
  21. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

The book was $39.... well worth it! :righton:

22. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

Holy crap, there are some a**holes in this thread. Get over it, kids, plenty of people like Yoko's work, even if you don't. I know it's hard for you to believe, but your little musical aesthetic doesn't define the tastes for everybody else. And since you've only bothered clicking on this thread to post the same lame crap that you come up with whenever you see the word " Yoko," why not just spend your time and effort posting somewhere else about whatever you actually DO like?

23. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

I am an appreciative Ono fan mainly because of whatever was on a Lennon album. I even liked the scream stuff and I was about 11 or 12. With that being said, I was reading an article on a woman with Asperger's and laughed at this paragraph:

In my twenties, I began shocking people at work instead of school. At my first job—as a project coordinator at a small website—I was assigned to post Yoko Ono’s interactive art online, but when her submission came in, I rejected it. I had no idea that an assistant could not call up Yoko and tell her the work was subpar. “She’s done better,” I told my boss. “We all know that.” He fired me before I could explain further.

Sneaky Pete and Yankee8156 like this.
  24. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

She happily signed the Plastic Ono Band album for me at a concert in Chicago. It just says "Love, Yoko"

ex_mixer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.