Amazon and USPS team for Sunday deliveries

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Alcoholic, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I actually didn't have a desire for it. But when Amazon tells me something will be delivered on a Sunday and then I get a text message confirming it's on a vehicle for delivery that day, I expect the postal carrier to do his/her job. Amazon and the USPS are the parties who decided it made sense to deliver packages on Sundays.

ARK likes this.
  2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Amazon and USPS decided to do Sunday deliveries, not me (but I'm glad they did!).

Me not having to wait an extra day for deliveries hardly makes me or anyone else materialistic. Anyone calling anyone else here "materialistic" is the pot calling the kettle black, IMO.

And I sure as hell don't feel bad for the USPS drivers with all those sweet union perks they get.

ARK likes this.
  3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That's fine with me- I get a used CD for $4.00 total including shipping which is still a great deal for me.

ARK likes this.
  5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Why should I have to put any extra effort into getting something? The whole point of shopping online is that it's more convenient and requires less effort. What is this, the 1950's?!

I pay the Amazon Prime fee for that convenience and I still come out way ahead.

ARK likes this.
  6. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

I prefer shopping online as well. My only critique, which I did not qualify effectively, is the "need" for Sunday delivery.

7. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I don't need Sunday delivery, but since they offer it i'm more than happy to take advantage of the offer.

ARK and Galley like this.
  8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

This is a good article that explains the Sunday delivery program:

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/amazon-getting-packages-sunday-via-u-s-postal-service/

Quoting from the article:

It sounds like a win for Amazon, a win for Amazon customers, and a win for Postal Service employees.

ARK likes this.
  9. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

All that remains to be seen.

Still, I find it a bit off-putting to know that our rapacious consumerism/need to be served cannot go dormant even one day a week in just one element of our lives (delivery of goods).

Eigenvector and panasoffkee like this.
  10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Why shouldn't there be a day where a service and/or product is available for those who want it?

That way if you want it, you can get it and if you don't... well, you don't have to have something delivered on that day if you're that set against it for some reason.

ARK and Myke like this.
  11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

This issue ranks right up there with which way should you put the toilet paper on the spool, in terms of it's importance to society.

ARK likes this.
  12. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Well, it was important enough for you to read the thread and reply at the very least. :)

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yeah TWO YEARS AGO. Why bump this just to get it going again ?

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Because I had something to contribute. Feel free to ignore the thread if you're done with it.

15. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

You actually contributed something. :) Or maybe I should laugh at myself. :laugh:

;)

As for the subject at hand, if Amazon wants to deliver on Sunday and postal employees want to deliver on Sunday, I don't see the problem.

16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

At this point are there any areas where the post office doesn't do Sunday delivery for Amazon packages, or is it pretty much everywhere now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.