Warren Zevon: Reconsider Me Movie

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dark Horse 77, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang Thread Starter

I haven't seen this noted anywhere in any Zevon threads and thought that the news of a documentary being made on him was noteworthy. There's a nice page on Facebook about some filmmakers from New York currently working on it.

Secondly, I truly hope the box set that his son Jordan had prepared in the mid 2000s finally sees release to when this film is released.

More Zevon=happier me

2. krock2009

krock2009 Forum Resident

Jordan said that there are still outtakes that have yet to be released. I'm hoping for the "Life'll Kill Ya" home recordings that were given to Letterman and others.

Remurmur and Dark Horse 77 like this.
  3. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

4. Dark Horse 77

Sadly, I got spoiled in the years following Warren's death and with all the reissues, bonus tracks, Preludes, etc. It's still not enough and just knowing that Jordan had prepared an entire box set only to have the label (I forget which) turn it down sickens me. They could make it limited edition and make it less of a financial risk.

Remurmur likes this.
  5. krock2009

krock2009 Forum Resident

It's baffling as to why a record label would do that, they knew going in that Warren was never a top seller.

6. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

I remember being somewhat amazed (pleasantly) that "Preludes" was ever released... what an amazing collection though!

Thx for the news of a new doc on WZ.

Remurmur and Dark Horse 77 like this.
  7. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

off topic, but Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires did an amazing cover of "Muntineer" on the Letterman show last night. That was unexpected!

To give an idea:

Complier likes this.
  8. JonMcK

JonMcK Forum Resident

I remember on the Zevon forums that Jordan said the reason the box wasn't released was that he couldn't sign the deal that was offered. I think the stumbling block was that Rhino wanted the rights to the material permanently.

9. Dark Horse 77

Is that why? I can see his point.

10. JonMcK

JonMcK Forum Resident

It was a number of years ago so the memory is slightly hazy but it was Jordan himself who gave that reason. I understand his decision completely, but such a shame as the box was sounding amazing.

11. DagB

DagB Forum Resident

12. Dark Horse 77

Yeah I remember the ultimate letdown when I first read it wasn't coming out. Fingers crossed when the movie comes out we get some new goodies.

13. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

I don't know ... I'm all for polishing Zevon's legacy, but how significant/good can anything left in the vaults actually be? He was never very prolific in terms of output. He might be better served by a live video release.

14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Wish I could be as prolific.

15. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

it wasn't an insult.

16. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

A concert anthology would be an outstanding addition to his legacy...I saw him do a solo show that to this day remains one of the finest live performances I have ever seen because his musicianship, on piano, guitar and harmonica, was impeccable and his between-song banter would be worth buying on its own!...rarely have I seen an audience so enraptured and rightfully so...

Remurmur and cc-- like this.
  17. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Would love to own those myself.

And I'm not surprised that Warren gave one to David Letterman.

You could not have asked for a more loyal fan and friend .

krock2009 likes this.
  18. Remurmur

I remember being amazed as well. And I grabbed one immediately before some "suit" decided to pull it ....;) :)

19. Remurmur

I saw Warren several times , both solo and with a band. It was a testament to his impeccable talent that he could be every bit as compelling with just a guitar and piano.

I would welcome any live releases from the man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.