Those "famous" audience members on live lps who will be forever anonymous.....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Panda, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Not sure if these were mentioned but:

"It's about time!!" Yelled during Artie's intro to Bridge, stating that S&g would have a new album out soon. That's on Live 1969.

"Piano should be louder" - also during an intro (poor Artie) on the same album. The reply was classic though: "piano should be louder huh....what label so you produce for?"

Honorable mention, also S&G on the album cut of Bye Bye Love, the guy that screams loudly. But that's fake live, right?

2. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

lol, that's a good one. I remember that. :agree:

3. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Led Zeppelin - the original 1976 soundtrack to The Song Remains The Same. During "Stairway To Heaven" after Plant sings "My spirit is crying for leaving" someone lets out a loud whistle. I got so used to hearing that, when it was removed from the reworked version decades later I was (and still am) upset!

Anyway, I wondered if that person had any clue of their contribution. I even recall midnight showings of the movie and people would whistle along when that part came up.

superstar19 likes this.
  4. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Not an official release, but I was always humored by the agitation of the crowd during Jimmy's Guitar Solo from Listen To This Eddie (Led Zep 6/21/77 @ the Forum). One of the audience members finally yells, "WE'VE HAD THE GUITAR LESSONS!"

5. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

"Fire Engine" is the title of the song (mistakenly listed as "The Blow Up" on the sleeve). It's a 13th Floor Elevators song. I'm not sure the guy is British and I think it's a band member calling the tune -- maybe Richard Lloyd.

6. crazylegs69

crazylegs69 Forum Resident

On Moby Dick from the original TSRTS, the guy yelling "GO BONZO, WOOOOOO!!!", followed by a second, more subdued "Go Bonzo"...

Lost In The Flood and johnny q like this.
  7. williamjoel

williamjoel Spins At 33 1/3 RPM

That was the first one that came to mind for me. I always thought the guy said, "Do something we know!"

8. Sathington Willoughby

Sathington Willoughby Well-Known Member

Has anyone mentioned the 'Heartbreaker' guy from Listen to this Eddie?

patsdelight likes this.
  9. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I thought for the longest time that that was a fan ... but now I think it's Keith, off mike.

goodboyfred likes this.
  10. goodboyfred

goodboyfred Forum Resident

I was at that show My first Who concert. Lynyrd Skynyrd opening act. At that time nobody yelling for Free Bird.

11. RayS

Geez, you started right at the top, didn't you? Fantastic show!

12. RayS

From (probably) faulty memory:

Audience Member: "How's your mom?"

Bobcat Goldthwait:"How's my mom? Probably not sitting somewhere drinking, yelling 'How's that random f**k in the audience?"

jfeldt likes this.
  13. YouKnowEyeKnow

YouKnowEyeKnow Forum Resident

This was my pick as well. I have an original EU vinyl and the recent white vinyl, and I think she was thankfully mixed out or down at least for those releases.

Tone_Boss likes this.
  14. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

There is lots of pretty enthusiastic clapping throughout the 3 minutes of (the Everly's) Bye Bye Love on Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water album, which carries on (with maybe a bit of whistling) to the final track, Song for the Asking.

It makes it sound as though Bye Bye Love is a live recording. I've read a story that the track was actually recorded in the studios, but that the audience clapping was recorded at their 69 live shows and tacked on to the studio vocals.

15. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Got to wonder id she was an audience plant....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.