Interstellar - Christopher Nolan

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

I've got that guy beat. This is the cel I got:

[​IMG]

At least it's in full IMAX. :laugh:

2. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

OUCH! Sorry, dude. They should have contest for worst limited ed. Imax frame from "Interstellar." I see you as a leading contender with that one! painful!~ o_O

3. darkmass

darkmass Forum Resident

Now I like mine, don't get me wrong, but that is almost heart stoppingly cool!! Makes me want to buy another copy just to see if I can get really lucky!

4. darkmass

darkmass Forum Resident

No one could be that lucky. Come on, level with us. Did you like scrape all the picture off with an x-acto knife?

5. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Mine is almost exactly the same, except there's nothing in the frame. Ouch indeed!

John K.

6. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Small point, but I believe he's on the space station (or whatever it was called), not Earth.

John K.

SBurke likes this.
  7. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Potential spoiler information below.

I'd not seen nor heard very much about INTERSTELLAR, other than I got enough info to know it was a film I wanted to see. I knew nothing of the story, the cast, or anything other than the cover frame of a guy in a space-suit. I waited patiently for the Blu-ray and picked it up just after release. Opening the package, I was given this frame:

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/HGN2001/scan0001asm_zpspsnklhu7.jpg

...which gave me one piece of semi-spoiler information: that the actor pictured in that IMAX frame was somehow in this film.

Harry

mikeyt likes this.
  8. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

Ah, you're right! Actually that's quite a good point -- it would be much easier to take off from a space station than from Earth. Good catch.

9. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

well would prefer that to my hallway shot , I have pretty bad luck with cells ,The Last Emperor and 2001 (frames of same shot)ones I got ,aren't great The Lawrence of Arabia one ain't great either

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

This reminds me of the time I spent big bucks on that "Itchy and Scratchy" cell:

[​IMG]

Rocker and Vidiot like this.
  11. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

Funny... but I, too, wasn't expecting him to show up. I guess it was designed to be a surprise? You might even call it...

Saving Private Ryan II: The Sequel

12. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Just saw it. Loved it even if the science was hard to comprehend. Halfway thru I thought I knew where it was going but nope.

13. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I'm glad you liked it. It's really one of the most epic sci-fi films ever made. The film sure covers a lot of ground, er, space. A dying earth, a trip through a wormhole, a water planet, a frozen planet, a trip through a black hole... what more could any geek ask for!

alexpop and agentalbert like this.
  14. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

A story that makes sense.

moops, rogertheshrubber and kwadguy like this.
  15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Come on, dude! Its sci-fi. It makes sense. It makes as much sense as someone getting a lethal does of radiation or being bit by a spider turning into a superhero! Or space pirates and princesses in galaxies far, far away. Or united federations of aliens and toupees coming together for the welfare of all ... I don't know ... biological life? It was a fun ride. Geeks unite!

TheVU, carrick doone and Gumboo like this.
  16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Unfortunately I cannot overlook the gaping plot holes and internal inconsistencies which punched a hole through my ability to suspend disbelief. Shrugging it off as just 'mere sci-fi' is insulting to the genre.

teodoro and mikeyt like this.
  17. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Good films resonate, and I find myself thinking about them. Recently "Rome Open City" and "Babel". I forgot all about 'Interstellar'. Aside from the problematic 'science', I couldn't empathize much with any of the characters.

teodoro likes this.
  18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

A plot that made more sense?

19. Claude

Claude Senior Member

I watched the movie for the first time this weekend and was rather disappointed. It isn't bad, but not worth the hype.

I had to pause the movie a couple of times and check the plot on Wikipedia because I didn't understand what was going on. I had to use subtitles because of McConaughey's mumbling.

The movie has great moments, but none seems to be really original. There are a lot of 2001 A Space Odyssey references, visually and plotwise (silent explosions, the surreal ending).

IMHO the best thing about the movie is Hans Zimmer's score, although it isn't very original either, since it's heavily inspired by Steve Reich's music. Also the use of a solo church organ reminded me of the music in Tarkovsky's "Solaris".

But I will certainly watch it again some time and maybe appreciate it more.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    PhilBorder likes this.
  20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I got mine today. Not as cool as I wanted. But at least I got a recognizable image.

[​IMG]

mikeyt likes this.
  21. Cizin

Cizin Forum Resident

the one I got was from near the end,

[​IMG]

mikeyt likes this.
  22. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

This is mine:

[​IMG]

I WISH!

23. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The description of how a wormhole works was lifted almost verbatim from Event Horizon, though! ;)

24. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

My frame was of Matt Damon:

[​IMG]

Harry

25. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

AKA a baked potato...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.