Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Island Remasters

£2.99

John Martyn | Fairport Convention | Sandy Denny & Cat Stevens titles currently included in the deals.

2. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

4. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

superstar19 likes this.
  5. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

And, bizarrely, this version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VVZUUP8

details DVD + LP!!

lightbulb and superstar19 like this.
  6. Looks like I may be incorrect with my original posting. Didn't dig down into the details, just went of the top listing. I have emailed Amazon for some clarification on this but just to be safe ordered the other listing as well. Plenty of time to cancel .

lightbulb likes this.
  7. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Yes, me too. Same with the Hampton 81 and LA Forum 75 releases too. The DVD will have to suffice.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

A good deal for people in the UK. About $6 shipped/title to the US, which is so-so...

9. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

No need to apologize, clearly Amazon has messed up. The issue is which version is really which version. Please let us know if you get a reply.

nibor likes this.
  10. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Thanks to Nibor for posting this deal!
    My guess is that Eagle Rock might have provided confusing press info to Amazon o_O
    No matter...interesting to hear what Amazon says...

11. stem

stem Forum Resident

12. Last night when I checked free delivery minimum spend (on CDs) was £20. This morning it is back down to £10.

13. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Having cancelled prime two days ago any increase to a £20 minimum for free delivery would definitely see me buying a lot less from Amazon which would be no bad thing.

When I cancelled my prime they had an option for everything, free postage, TV, cloud, etc., etc., or for just the TV service, it's a shame they forget they are a retailer and don't just offer old style free delivery prime for a smaller fee, I assume I'm not the only person who would select such an option.

14. Mr Wensleydale

Mr Wensleydale Forum Resident

I'm the same as you. Did not renew my Prime this year because of the "extras" that have hiked the price and which hold no interest for me. Would happily pay a reduced fee for postage only.

Since not renewing I've spent much less money at Amazon. That's got to be a good thing, right?!

15. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I think it's a good thing, another problem Amazon have is that they are already much less competitive with marketplace sellers on CDs and vinyl, if they up the free postage limit they will lose even more sales. It's taken ebay years to realise that getting rid of small sellers was a bad idea, so perhaps in five or six years Amazon will get the message and introduce a cheaper postage only prime membership, exactly what we had a year ago. In the meantime I will continue to buy more of my music from real shops and independent online sellers who pay their taxes.

imarcq and Mr Wensleydale like this.
  16. Finally got something back from Amazon after sending a 2nd message re a possible mistake in their listings. I'll report back when I hear more. Not quite sure how they can carry out a physical check when they possibly dont have product in stock as the release day is a month and a half away yet.

"Hello,
    I understand your concern regarding the titles "From The Vault: The Marquee - Live In 1971 [Dvd + Lp] [2015] [NTSC]" and "From The Vault: The Marquee - Live In 1971 [DVD] [2015] [NTSC]" that are sold on our website.
    To properly check on this, we’ll need to carry out a physical check of the item in our Fulfilment Centre.
    I’ve requested that someone from our Fulfilment Team checks the ASINs for both the items and provide an update to us.
    We’ll get back to you within 2 business days with an update on this. "

riverrat and lightbulb like this.
  17. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I just got the Amazon email that free delivery now has a £20 threshold, nice of them to give no notice for last minute free delivery orders, I suspect this will hit their bottom line, I know I'll be buying less from now on.

18. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1AFK1NZ6D4F0ZKASSTHK
    About Changes to FREE Super Saver Delivery
    This change relates specifically to FREE Super Saver Delivery. All other delivery services including Amazon Prime and delivery of digital products remain unchanged.

Our FREE Super Saver Delivery service is changing. From 1 May, 2015, orders including £10 or more of books qualify for FREE Super Saver Delivery. All orders of £20 or more across any product category also qualify for FREE Super Saver Delivery. Previously, a £10 threshold applied for all orders to qualify for FREE Super Saver Delivery.

We continue to work hard every day to improve the delivery services that we offer. For example, we added over 10,000 new Amazon Pickup Locations last year to ensure that our customers can collect their deliveries at a time and place that suits them. Also, millions of Amazon customers have already chosen faster delivery by becoming Amazon Prime members. Amazon Prime is £79 a year and offers unlimited One-Day Delivery on over 9 million items, unlimited streaming of more than 15,000 movies and TV episodes with Prime Instant Video, access to thousands of Kindle titles to borrow for free and unlimited photo storage.

Click here for full details of our delivery services.

Please note that this change won't affect any pre-orders or orders for items not in stock placed before 1 May, 2015, where you've already selected FREE Super Saver Delivery.

19. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

For anybody interested, the Springsteen box set (cd version) is still shipping to the U.S. from Amazon UK for $37.00, quite a bargain.

20. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

I bit on this deal, never heard the album and I LOVE notebooks (retired English teacher). This is a really, really nice little package; the notebook is printed with glossy pages that display old magazine covers from around the world featuring Bobby Z. Thanks

21. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

And Tempest is a great album. Enjoy!

seaisletim likes this.
  22. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

YES thanks to nibor for posting the deal on the upcoming Stones box!

In an abundance of caution, I just ordered both sets.

Interestingly, when I put this one in my cart: From The Vault: The Marquee - Live In 1971 [Dvd + Lp] [2015] [NTSC] the price came up even lower- £9.27! Nice to lock that price in; I guess we'll see if they ever ship it...

23. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

That's because US customers don't pay the 20% VAT (tax) which is included in Amazon UK listings. It's the same for all LP/CD/DVD orders direct from Amazon.

24. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for future AmazonUK orders..