Amazon UK raises free postage limit . . .

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Alan2, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident Thread Starter

It went up, it went down it disappeared entirely for a while., it reappeared and now it's gone up to £20.

2. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I saw this on Digital Spy the other day. Since HMV.com and Play bit the dust, Amazon have no real competition anymore.

Alan2 likes this.
  3. That's in line with the rise to EUR 29 here in Germany a while ago.

Alan2 likes this.
  4. Alan2

bump

5. I see the limit for book orders has not increased. It's a pity they decided this exception did not apply to CDs as well.
    It looks like Amazon customers are being actively encouraged by Amazon to shop around.
    From what I can see sellers on Amazon currently offer the best prices/deals.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1AFK1NZ6D4F0ZKASSTHK

About Changes to FREE Super Saver Delivery

This change relates specifically to FREE Super Saver Delivery. All other delivery services including Amazon Prime and delivery of digital products remain unchanged.

Our FREE Super Saver Delivery service is changing. From 1 May, 2015, orders including £10 or more of books qualify for FREE Super Saver Delivery. All orders of £20 or more across any product category also qualify for FREE Super Saver Delivery. Previously, a £10 threshold applied for all orders to qualify for FREE Super Saver Delivery.

We continue to work hard every day to improve the delivery services that we offer. For example, we added over 10,000 new Amazon Pickup Locations last year to ensure that our customers can collect their deliveries at a time and place that suits them. Also, millions of Amazon customers have already chosen faster delivery by becoming Amazon Prime members. Amazon Prime is £79 a year and offers unlimited One-Day Delivery on over 9 million items, unlimited streaming of more than 15,000 movies and TV episodes with Prime Instant Video, access to thousands of Kindle titles to borrow for free and unlimited photo storage.

Click here for full details of our delivery services.

Please note that this change won't affect any pre-orders or orders for items not in stock placed before 1 May, 2015, where you've already selected FREE Super Saver Delivery.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  6. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

Only likely to push me further down the route of Amazon Marketplace sellers who are often cheaper per item anyway. I refuse to be railroaded into Prime.

Alan2 and Charles Buxton like this.
  7. Alan2

I took Prime on free trial once and it wasn't very good. Some of the items didn't get there the next day, probably because amazon often relies on UK first class postage, which only gets there the following day maybe 4 times out of 5.

8. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Oh well, more trips to HMV and Fopp for me :nyah:

Alan2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.