The Looney Tunes And Merrie Melodies Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by KatCassidy, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

[​IMG] [QUOTE="skisdlimit, post: 8478267, member: 27040"

Great to see the love here for this wacky Clampett classic! This is probably my favorite cartoon too, and I love that whole cheese routine, along with the charging Teddy Roosevelts.

:)[/QUOTE]

That cartoon kind of creeped me out when I was a little kid!
    The cats when they were made up like "Men from Mars" was kind of weird, and Porky's giant eyes when he was scared, scared me!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. GrindhouseGuru

GrindhouseGuru Member

It is a travesty that WB is no longer going to do the Blu Ray or DVD anymore! Thats what I heard from Jerry Beck. I do not get it. Anyone here in the "loop" that can tell me weather or not the archive is at least being restored or if the film elements were at least transferred in 2 or 4K? If so, why don't they just license out the rest to people like Stave Stanchfield to work on? Its silly! I have heard that the 11 naughty ones have been restored just not released.

Anyway, here are a few of my favs:

Great Piggy Bank Robbery
    Duck Dogers
    Porky In Wackyland
    Porky's Railroad
    The one where all the character are at the movies watching a film noir and start interacting with it, GENUS! Its two strip color and early. sorry about the title escaping me.
    Froggy

These are ones I always pull out to show people what they are missing.

On another note, why can't they just make a deal with TCM classic on order? Or even do that themselves?! Made to order.

Thoughts?

PS, I CANNOT believe that they did not take advantage of the separate dialogue, effects and music tracks and do Whats Opera Doc and things with lots of activity in 5.1! just saying.

3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

It's too bad they stopped releasing those Looney Tunes "Golden Collection" DVD sets.... I have all 6 volumes and they're great!

5. GrindhouseGuru

GrindhouseGuru Member

Can someone please let us in on what the heck is going on over there at Warner Bros with the rest of the films sitting there and what is being done with them?

6. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

All 3 volumes of the Blu-ray set are available for something around $30 total shipped from Amazon Germany. They're region free.

Volume 1
    Volume 2
    Volume 3

7. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Always loved that "What's up doc, what's cookin" toon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.