My Foobar setup with pics - Computer Audio

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by portisphish, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marchetti87

marchetti87 New Member

Tip: Scroll the mouse wheel up on VU to adjust sensitivity.

L5730 likes this.
  2. L5730

L5730 Forum Resident

Yeah, found that one too. That made more sense, when setting pre-amp to 0 dB.

Loaded readme txt into google translate, and wrote to another file.

I've got the Dorrough 280-D meter, changed the response to 1.0s, and it gives a fair representation of momentary RMS.
    Nice one, thanks for the help. :)

3. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Tweaked Darkone V4.0

There's another view-type as well, but I tend to use this the most. Simple but effective. (Yes I need to add some more columns...kinda blank.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    HAmmer, c-eling and Grant like this.
  4. L5730

L5730 Forum Resident

I am still using the default interface, even though ColumnsUI is installed.
    Yesterday, I switched it to ColumnsUI interface and looked around for a way to make it dark. I realised it's all about scripting and writing code to get the "skin" the way you wan't. I've far too much on my plate at the moment for that, and really should install fb2k as portable in a VM instead of potentially screwing up my current working layout.

5. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

What do you guys think of my DarkOne V4.0 tweak? The waveform/seekbar looks bloated but that's only because my LCD monitor isn't quite 16x9.

[​IMG]

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I've been using this skin for a couple of months now. I like it except that the "console" markings are too small, and there is no option to display all of the file properties along with everything else.

7. Dan Budiac

Dan Budiac Forum Resident

I've been very happy with Kodi (formerly XBMC) as my digital audio front end. It's designed as a highly customizable home theater system, but you can easily hide the video playback features if they're not needed. Advantages:
    1. It plays pretty much any audio file format you can throw at it, including lossless files like FLAC.
    2. It's optimized for the 10-foot experience, meaning you can read the interface from the sofa and navigate with a remote control.
    3. It's themeable. I like Eminence. It's clean, easy-to-use, and offers lots of customization options.
    4. There are plug-ins that will scrape online repositories for album art and other useful metadata.
    5. There are a number of great iOS remote control apps. I use the creatively named Remote Control by CodeMuse.
    6. It's free!

CBC likes this.
  8. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Console markings? Do you mean the text like "Menu", "Time", etc?

Grant likes this.
  9. Grant

Yes. They need to be bigger. I would do it myself if I was any good at programming.

10. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

How about this? I tried the fonts even larger but to me this size looks best.

[​IMG]

11. Grant

I meant the LED display, too.

12. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Howz this... (I just noticed that TRACK is slightly out of alignment. I have already fixed it)

[​IMG]

13. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

That's fantastic. I'm using JRiver but haven't bought the full version yet, I'm still using the trial. I might give this a go. Is it hard to install new skins?

14. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

My tweak isn't "out there" yet. You first have to install Darkone V4.0. Once you do, then you can grab the files and instructions from me, when I have them ready. You might not even like Darkone V4.0 and my tweak doesn't operate that differently. It's mostly just graphics and shades that are changed.

There is one caveat...For those who have done their own Darkone V4.0 tweaks, like changing the tags, etc, those tweaks will all be lost. However, one can backup their original version of Darkone and return to it if needed

Lord Summerisle likes this.
  15. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

What about about everything on the "panel" illuminated?

[​IMG]

Grant and wolfram like this.
  16. Grant

I still think the LED part is too cluttered or too small.

17. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

It doesn't look cluttered to me. I've seen actual EL displays that look more cluttered. You must have a really large monitor. I don't think this will look right with screen sizes higher than 1920×1080. Same goes with the original Darkone layout. Actually, there is a guy who posted a screen shot on the deviantart web site, taken from his resolution of 3200X1900

If it looks something like this, on your end, then I can understand...

http://i.imgur.com/jTtHmOl.png

The only other thing I can think of doing is having the TRACK display appear where the peak meter is...And I can have it so you can alternate between the two.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  18. Grant

This is what it looks like on my 1920 x 1080 screen resolution setting on my 22" monitor. I would like the LED part of the screen to be larger, and the artist name included above or below the song title.
    https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=7FDBB9C44A6B1039&resid=7fdbb9c44a6b1039!783&authkey=AJlyXql9RHeWlmU

(Click on smaller image to get the almost full resolution size.)

19. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Ok. The good news in addition to the title, I added the Artist and Album name. The bad news is I took out the Spectrum. So it can alternate between the "Text Display" and the peak-meter, The button can only operate two functions, which is why I removed the Spec, which I never used anyway...useless. With this configuration there is a little less cramming. I'll post the screen grab later today.

Unfortunately it is not feasible for the display to be larger in height. I already made it wider than the original but going even wider wouldn't improve things a great deal since the numbers would still be the same size...They can't be changed.

BTW, You would get a little larger image without the toolbar being to the left.

20. Grant

I guess that's acceptable, as your emphasis seems to be on the artwork. But, I like some kind of progress indicator other than just a time lapse. It doesn't have to be a waveform or spectrogram.

I like the toolbar on the left, as it is more intuitive for me. At my screen resolution, it's not an issue. Some people like it on the right, and some like it on the bottom as a default. For a while, I had it at the top. I've never been one to accept things as they are. I also like to fiddle around with software when I can. That's one of the reasons I like Adobe.

21. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

[​IMG]

This is pretty much the final form. I spent way too much time on this today. :) I decided I couldn't part with the good ol' Spectrum meter. As I mentioned, one button can only switch back and forth between two functions. I couldn't find a place for another regular size button (it can only reside in the lower left panel) so I split it up into two smaller buttons.

I also increased the size of the numbers. (Figured out a way to do it afterall). I only increased the size vertically. If I do it horizontally...even slightly...they appear too soft. I also changed the button fonts.

wolfram and Lord Summerisle like this.
  22. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Love the look of that. I have been using jriver's trial period but that's about to run out. I downloaded foobar but can't seem to get it to connect to my wireless speakers :/ I had no problem connecting with jriver.

23. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

This looks great. How do I download/install this? (I use foobar currently, just with no skins...):D

24. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

25. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.