New CD Player

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dan Krebs, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Krebs

Dan Krebs Member Thread Starter

Just replaced an old Denon cd player with a Marantz CD5005. Sounds amazing and really makes me want to re-listen to my entire cd collection. The detail really is incredible and I find I'm hearing things for the first time, even on albums I've listened to countless times before. Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here is particularly good. This is all through a fairly middle of the road AV receiver with vintage Sony Carbocon speakers. Just need to pair up the player with a decent amp now but can't imagine it sounding any better.

Erik Tracy likes this.
  2. mikaal

mikaal Sociopathic Nice Guy

What model Denon did you "retire "?

3. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

The PM5005 would be the "matching" amp from Marantz for your player, and is very reasonably priced.

tmtomh likes this.
  4. Dan Krebs

DCD755. Bought it about 12 years ago and had it fixed once. Main problems were, not recognizing the discs or ejecting. Sound was good when it did work though.

5. Dan Krebs

Have noticed the PM5005. Besides digital inputs does the PM6005 offer anything else?

6. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

It's amazing the difference a decent CD player makes :cheers:

7. Dan Krebs

A decent turntable too. I noticed a huge improvement in sound when I ditched the all plastic Audio Technica in favour of a heavyweight vintage denon.

8. mikaal

mikaal Sociopathic Nice Guy

That seems to be a very common problem with the Denon players regardless of model. Why do they still get kudos when this flaw is ongoing I wonder?

9. Dan Krebs

I don't think I've ever had a cd player (car included) that hasn't broken down on me eventually. The Denon just started playing up a little sooner than expected. Let's hope the Marantz survives a little longer.

10. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I have owned a number of the recent Marantz CD players and haven't been disappointed. Congrats on your purchase and best of luck with it...

Dan Krebs likes this.
  11. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

All that 5000 and 6000 series Marantz players are well reviewed. Glad you love it.

Dan Krebs likes this.
  12. Limopard

Limopard National Dex #143

I'm satisfied with my CD 5004. Unfortunately, the CD 5005 switched to a simpler display without the music calendar.

13. Dan Krebs

I did notice that there was no music calendar. It's always the same with 'upgrades' .

14. Had a AH! Njoe Tjoeb CD player which was a Marantz deck modified by some Dutch folks with a couple 6922 vacuum tubes and other goodies. Nice sounding deck in my opinion.

Dan Krebs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.