Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

2. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Just putting some things together here, perhaps these are conclusions that are already being drawn by others as well.

Last November it was reported that Daisy Ridley's character was named "Rey". At Star Wars Celebration last month, it was noted by quite a few astute fans that the some of the materials showed her name as "Kira". This could be the worst kept secret in the world but "Kira Rey" and "Kylo Ren" are most likely siblings, yes? And almost certainly "Kylo Ren" is Adam Driver's birth name. He most certainly would go by a "Darth" name in keeping with other Dark Jedi (I refuse to say Sith)?

I'm sure the Kasdan/Abrams screenplay goes much deeper in character development. Just wanted to get this 'on the record', so to speak.

Thoughts?

3. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

I've read so many theories over the last few weeks anything's possible.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I believe Luke was able to buy back the original on eBay. But not his severed hand. (I think Comic Book Guy got the actual hand and has it in a glass case.)

My thoughts are: you're way overthinking this. It's just a movie. Writers make a lot of crap up. Not all of it's going to make sense.

‘Star Wars’ Overload Concerns Disney,
    CEO Robert Iger Says

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-overload-concerns-disney-ceo-robert-iger-says/

5. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

:laugh:

6. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Is this going to be the blockbuster of the decade? Going by the press/stories/announcements/nitpicking by the fans it must be! ;)

7. Jason Manley

Who is nitpicking?

8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

This has been surprisingly free of nitpicking so far. I suppose that once Fantastic Four is released, the nitpickers will find a fresh target.

mikeyt likes this.
  9. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Saw the trailer right before Avengers.

10. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Just the second teaser, right?

11. Jason Manley

Gotta be. I wonder if they will drop the 'full' trailer at Comic Con? I don't pay attention to that at all, but I have heard people surmise they might.

12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

You know youre a Star Wars geek when you think to yourself:

"The last Star Wars sequel is scheduled for release in 2019. I retire in 2020. Guess thats that..career over and the sequelogy finished... :sigh: "

13. htom

htom Senior Member

14. Grunge Master

Supposedly they're siblings, and the kids of Han and Leia. As far as 'Darth' goes, I don't think that he's a full-blown Sith, just a guy who has the Force and is obsessed with everything Sith.

Jason Manley likes this.
  15. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I was under the impression that Darth was a contraction of Dark Lord of the Sith. I may be mistaken.

Many Sith Lords chose to add "Darth" to their name, so much so that the word is considered synonymous with the dark side of the Force in some circles. It was also taken to signify giving up one's old life. Such examples are Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader, or Jacen Solo becoming Darth Caedus. But the origins of the word are uncertain. It is often thought that "Darth" is merely a contraction of the title "Dark Lord of the Sith", but there are theories that suggest a deeper interpretation.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth

DeeThomaz likes this.
  16. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Huh. That never occurred to me. I just thought it was a play on "dark." But your theory seems very plausible.

17. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

18. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

I believe Kylo Ren may be a Sith relic collector and he's looking for that Staff that Rey found. Speculation is that Andy Sirkus is Darth Plagueis

19. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Darth Plagueis???? Who comes up with these names, remedial English students?

I mean Darth Fonzie would be better!

mrdon, MekkaGodzilla and Jason Manley like this.
  20. Grunge Master

Darth Plagueis The Wise, if you wanna be techinical!

21. Grunge Master

I've heard that, also. That would explain why he has Vader's helmet.

Jason Manley likes this.
  22. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Please please please no spoilers. Please?

I want to see this movie without knowing everything there is to know about it. Like my 12 year old self did when the first Star Wars came out.

23. Jason Manley

I've referenced the AMC Theaters Youtube show Jedi Council...they touch on this regularly.

24. DreadPikathulhu

Lucas was never known for his subtle names. Darth Vader? General Grievous? Carl Maul? Luke Skywalker? Jar Jar Binks?

Obviously Disney is continuing the tradition.

25. DreadPikathulhu

In one of the expanded universe books, Luke's hand was found and a new, evil Luke was cloned. If they could clone an army out of Jango Fett, I'm sure they could close an army of Lukes too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.