l'art du son - vinyl cleaning fluid

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by qrarolu, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

L'Art du Son vs Audio Intelligent fluids???

2. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I bought a L'Art du Son bootle, I don't want mix the whole bootle with 1 gallon,
    anyone knows how is the correct measure to clean ONE SIDE of the record?
    I have in mind use a syringe with distilled water + L'Art du Son per side, a bad technique? any recommendations?
    first time that I use it.

3. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

Why not mix it into a smaller bottle on like 300-500ml ? I do like this and use it up in like a month. No problems at all here.

stenway likes this.
  4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Do your math bro', if you want to mix small portions. Otherwise...

I mix a whole gallon at a time. You must keep it in a dark place. I use an old dark brown gallon beer bottle, and keep it in a closet. The stuff will last a year at least. You just have to shake it up before using. I transfer the cleaner to a smaller squirt bottle for use.

stenway likes this.
  5. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I advise using this stuff with caution. It leaves a deposit so rinse after application with purified water or an alcohol based solution. I think it is useful for certain types of contamination on used vinyl. I now use a cleaner called the Right One. The seller developed it for Loricraft but they went with L'Art Du Son (invented by their German distributor I believe). This evaporates off to leave a clean and quiet vinyl - I switched after a batch of Okki Nokki fluid appeared to be making new vinyl noisier. Only available in the UK I think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Right-One-Vinyl-Record-Cleaning-Fluid-/271742119914

6. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  7. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

last question: distilled water is enough to remove (rinse) the record after apply the L'Art Du Son fluid?

8. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

God, my head's spinning now!. For the last seven or eight years, I've been using the Disco Antistat (I threw the DA fluid away and just used RCM fluid followed by a rinse). Then I started using MoFi's 'One' with excellent results, both in the DA and soaking the record whilst on the TT, leaving it for five minutes, then removing the fluid with paper towels (don't laugh, it does work). Now I read about 'The Right One'. I'm thoroughly confused now.

9. Classicrock

Only thing is to try it. I haven't tried the Mo-Fi fluid so can't say which is better. However 'The Right One' cleans an Lp in one go and does not require a rinse. So far it produces quieter records than other cleaners I have tried.

10. Classicrock

Yes but I would not use ordinary distilled but 'Purified' from Chemists (drug stores in US).

11. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

The right one is a ready to go solution? Or do you mix it with purified water like L árt du son?

12. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

thanks, it seems distilled and purified are very or are almost the same:

http://www.drinkmorewater.com/distilled-or-purified-water
    http://www.endlesswaters.com/distilled-or-purified-water

So What’s the Difference Between Distilled and Purified Water?
    Essentially, there are no differences between distilled and purified except the process the water went through to reach purification! The only difference between distilled and purified water is distilled water goes through distillation while purified water goes through other processes such as reverse osmosis, ion exchange, Ozonation, sand filtration, etc.

13. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure there is a reason why the doctors do not use distilled water made for batteries ;)

14. Classicrock

Ready made up.
    Essentially there is a big difference in purity. As pointed out distilled as used in car batteries, iron's etc is not suitable for medical use. It follows that purified from medical suppliers is likely to be better for record cleaning.

15. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Ah, the 'no rinse' appeals. I'll try some next week; thanks, C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.