Fidelizer for PC Playback - Sound Improvements

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by nbakid2000, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge Thread Starter

Has anyone ever used this program for PC playback? It kills all additional PC processes so your PC is basically only taking care of the audio. There's a free version and a paid version. I was pretty skeptical but based on the FREE cost and the dozens of great reviews on their site and over at Head-Fi (see below) I tried it. Just using it through Spotify on "Extremist" mode I've heard a fairly noticeable difference through my headphone DAC setup. Everything sounds more relaxed, more natural and clearer. It's not jaw dropping (maybe due to free version) but it's definitely there. Apparently people are using this and JPlay to get the best out of their PC system. Haven't used JPlay yet but I'm curious to try it. There's also a FREE and paid version of that too. Links below:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/760992/jplay-6
    http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/
    http://www.jplay.eu/download/

2. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I can't see how that would make a difference if you have a good DAC and properly configured machine already. Wasapi and foobar2k with my essence stx asus sound card using UNI drivers I can't see this making any difference at all seems like smoke and mirrors.
    I only play flac, WAV some ape and some SACD. I suppose it could help with inferior streaming audio services i guess. That's 2 entirely different things though.

3. triple

triple Senior Member

Has this thing been named in honour of Fidel Castro?

4. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Fidelity

Or what some imagine to be fidelity.

5. nbakid2000

Dunno. Try it. See it if works or not. It's free. Can't hurt.

6. Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy Forum Resident

Why not actually try it and let us know instead of letting us know without ever having tried it?

7. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

I'm usually a you-can't-get-more-perfect-than-bit-perfect kinda guy, but I also love fussing around with and improving my computer audio, so I will likely give it a try. As I know myself, I will probably end up using it, wondering if I really hear any improvement. :D

8. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

I gave it a go last night and it's probably a placebo but I thought I noticed some extra clarity on the vocal and on quiet buried instruments. Hey, if it does what it says it does and commits more of my laptop's processing power to audio then I'm happy with it!

c-eling likes this.
  9. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

I tried the free version on my pc running foobar and I could not tell a difference.

10. nbakid2000

Not saying you're wrong, but what mode(s) did you try?

I had my friend try it on his system last night and he said there was extra air and openness according to his ears.

11. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

By modes, you mean the so-called optimization levels, like workstation, audiophile etc.? IIRC, I tried them all but, like I said, I did not notice a significant difference.

12. nbakid2000

Cool. Well you found out and it didn't cost you anything. Win-win.

5-String likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.