CDJapan problems

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Lunna, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunna

Lunna Forum Resident Thread Starter

Never had any problems with them before, and I've ordered quite a bit (for me) from them in the past. So, this time, a month or two agao, I preordered several discs, and then, about a week and half ago, I decide to cancel four of them. There's no 'cancel item' link on their website, so you have to contact, by separate email, their customer service email address, which I did. After a day or two, they send me an email, 'do you want to cancel (they list three of the four cds I told them to cancel). I said yes, and heard nothing back from them. Then, a few days later, they tell me "sorry, we just shipped your entire order." I email them back and tell them, okay, I will return the four CDs and please cover the return postage, as this was not my mistake. (They said there was a two day holiday in Japan so they did not see my cancellation until the items were already sent). Okay, fair (or not fair) enough, but I gave them enough notice, etc. They tell me, I'm responsible for the return shipping charges and they will not refund me for the money they charged me for the four items they should not have sent me. After much back and forth, they tell me they will 'credit me points' but will not refund what I paid.

I understand language difficulties might be an issue, but six or seven emails later, they fully understood the problem but refused to own up to their mistake. Crappy, rigid, customer service if you ask me.

To play it safe, I then sent them two emails cancelling an order for items not due out until mid-December and asking them to confirm that cancellation. Still no word for them. I hope they don't send those and I have to go through that again.

Decent prices, sometimes, communication is awful, and so they've dropped down on my list to "buy from them only if you absolutely must." A crying shame.

2. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I have never had a problem with them.
    They even refunded my money for the cancelled Supertramp promptly without even having to ask.
    Had to cancel one order about a month ago and it went through smoothly in about 48 hours.
    I just put cancel order on heading and the order number and that was it.

3. Lunna

Lunna Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah, I did the same: "CANCEL ORDER # ____."

I never had problems until this time. But it is a major problem, as it was a large order - I'm now going to be out a substantial chunk of change in exchange for "points" (but no refund). Ugh. I wonder whether I 'spoke' (via email) to the wrong guy. Communication, as I noted, is horrific, and no acknowledgment, really, of the fact that I've placed several orders with them in the past. I'm waiting with bated breath for confirmation that my other order has been cancelled. Frustrating!

4. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

Considering placing a 2-CD order with them.

Is it safe to use the cheapest shipping option (SAL) Japan to USA, and how long would it take to arrive?

Also, do you have to sign for the package?

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

SAL could take weeks there is no guarantee and no signature is required IIRC. Some people here have reported fairly quick delivery with this option but with the holiday's coming I would use one of the faster services with tracking.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    rob68 likes this.
  6. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

didn't wanna start another thread, while this one was open.. but i chose cheap option on cdjapan for a cd over a month ago... and nothing. every other time i've ordered from them its came in 3 weeks tops. what are other's experience with shipping time for their budget shipping to US? not sure if its too soon to contact them.

7. eelkiller

If you used SAL CD Japan mentions the following.

Average Delivery Time: 1-3 weeks (may take up to 12 weeks)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  8. fluffskul

yeah i'm sorry i should've went into more detail... i saw the up to 12 weeks on the website but i've ordered about 6 times and its never taken more than 3. has anyone ever actually had their package come after 11 or 12 weeks? i've just got this feeling it ain't coming...

9. eelkiller

I had a package from Japan take over 3 months, it ws not a CD Japan order but it was non-registered. So it can happen but I assume 12 weeks is a worst case scenario. I hope your stuff arrives soon, I don't know if they are responsible for non-registered items. Good luck.

10. fluffskul

showed up today.. close to 3 months. but here, and well packed... still a huge cd japan fan! but you may want to pay more for quick shipping if you are in a hurry.

11. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Never had anything even in the neighborhood of a problem with this company. I'd rate them as AAA+++.

Reese, BrokenByAudio and fluffskul like this.
  12. BrokenByAudio

BrokenByAudio Forum Resident

Agreed. In fact, I've never had a problem with ANY of the Japanese sellers, including those on eBay.

13. sherry lynn

sherry lynn New Member

I ordered the Platinum SHM of Disraeli Gears a few weeks ago. It arrived with a small dent in the edge of the white "lid" part of the cd cover, similar to ones I've ordered on Amazon and had to return. cdJapan asks for an email with pictures attached for a Return or Refund, which I supplied.
    Two days now, going on three and nothing. I sent another email with no response yesterday.
    I don't know if buyers have any recourse if cdJapan shuts you down. I used a credit card so I guess I'll contact them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.