Proof positive you've gone over the deep end with audiophile obsession

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mindblanking, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawaka

jawaka Senior Member

I barely remembered Air Supply, but last year one of my customers got me a pass for a pre-show meet 'n' greet and club show. I remembered a few of the tunes, but there were some couples there that were still caught in the 80's who paid big bucks for the post-show meet 'n' greet. I came home with a signed LP, and got a greatest hits CD, but that doesn't qualifying me as "over the deep end." But playing every possible pressing of an album/CD loud enough to drive everyone else from the room, if not the house, is.

2. jawaka

jawaka Senior Member

Especially the ones that faithfully reproduce the frequencies over 20KHz that only dogs can hear!

3. Buddy>Elvis

Buddy>Elvis Senior Member

My partner commented that I'm spending more on a turntable than she did on her car. As I don't drive I'm ok with that.

4. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

And because those marbles came in a special box set edition, you went out and bought a replacement... ;)

5. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King Thread Starter

Not true and kind of insulting. But thanks for playing... I'd welcome you to the forum but given that you just dismissed the many, many of us (engineers included) who definitely hear the difference, instead I'll bid you adieu.

6. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

When I check the Dynamic Range for a CD I just bought , and see single digits..... I get a little depressed.

Echo likes this.
  7. DeanoBee

DeanoBee Lifelong Music Junkie

Just a joke to the thread title. Most of my content on my FiiO X5 is 192/24 or DSD and I recently thanked Sean Magee on Twitter for his work on the Rush remasters. However feel free to put me on ignore.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.