Predictions for the 2015-2016 TV season

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hulu has officially picked up The Mindy Project and ordered 26 episodes for season 4. The over-sized episode order will get the show into required syndication numbers.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Limitless (based on the film - starring Jake Mcdorman)
    sounds promising...

3. progrocker71

4. Piracy? No, I'm fairly certain this is the greatest viral in the history of such promotional campaigns... By the first season's arrival in November, the whole entertainment world is going to be positively buzzing about this. I've not the pilot (yet, though I might cave if this does turn out to be official), but from what I've heard, the quality's far too good for this to be just another release group beating the network to the punch by several months. There is precedent for this with great success as a result, plus it's happened not too long after the first - and surprisingly long debut trailer - took off. Behold the year of Supergirl!

5. Frank

Frank Senior Member

The Supergirl pilot is pretty fantastic. The fact that it hasn't been DMCA'd pretty much confirms it's promotion and not piracy.

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I wouldn't jump on the self-release bandwagon for promotional reasons just yet. It would mean the entertainment industry embracing piracy, the very thing they've spent years and hundreds of millions of dollars trying to stop, both here and across the world.

The copies appear to be clean in the sense that there is no visible watermarking, but there could be invisible watermarks that can only be detected by special software. The scene groups are LOL and DiMENSiON, which are established release groups. One has released a 400mb version (probably SD), while the other is full 1080p.

But, they have also done this before, recently with the first five Game Of Thrones eps (SD quality), and just now the forthcoming NBC TV series Crowded.

It must have been an insider doing the leaking, but whether it was sanctioned by the Networks themselves is unknown, but I would doubt it.

7. They really aren't doing much to keep this one under wraps until November, huh? Downloading...

*holds breath and crosses fingers*

8. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

LOL, based on the trailer, I can't imagine why anyone would want do download it!

9. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Yeah, the series will surely flop. :sigh:

10. progrocker71

I seriously doubt that.

11. Frank

Frank Senior Member

[/sarc]

progrocker71 likes this.
  12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

agree

maybe on CW or fox, but CBS.......

13. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

CBS must be smarter then us.

CBS’ Stalker is the most-watched freshman series to get the hook (10.1 million). Stalker is a dual title holder, also being the highest-rated freshman series, demo-wise, to bite the dust in this just-concluded TV season.

14. progrocker71

Producer Greg Berlanti said there was never a chance that Supergirl would have gone to the CW because they couldn't have provided the budget required. The Flash and Arrow keep costs down by shooting in Canada so they can use more money toward effects. Supergirl has a much larger budget which allows them to shoot in Los Angeles.

15. progrocker71

Penny Dreadful has been renewed for season 3 at Showtime.

Bates Motel renewed for 2 additional seasons on A&E

The Returned will not be returning to A&E

16. progrocker71

Aquarius has been renewed for a second season.

17. shokhead

:hurlleft:

18. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

19. shokhead

20. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Actually, I just watched Brink and Ballers. Ballers was decent (will stick with it for now) but Brink was great...and I really have no love at all for Jack Black.

JerolW likes this.
  21. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I enjoyed the pilot of Minority Report enough to keep watching for a spell.

22. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Agreed. Wilmer Valderrama was pretty bad in it, but I enjoyed it over all. I remember not liking the movie all that much, so the show was a pleasant surprise.

NBC's Blindspot, also from Monday night, was kind of dreadful.

23. shokhead

24. shokhead

"Mike "Mike & Molly" may be finished. That's according to two of the CBS comedy's stars.
    First, Billy Gardell, who plays Mike, tweeted last week that the show was going into its last episodes.

"Mike and Molly returns Jan 6, it will be our last episodes," he wrote. "There are 13 of them. Thank you everyone who supported us."

Then, Rondi Reed — who plays Mike's mother, Peggy — said on Facebook that "Mike & Molly" had been canceled and that the upcoming sixth season will be its last.

"Before you hear it elsewhere (and some already have) this is the Final and 6th Season of 'Mike & Molly' on CBS," Reed wrote.

She also said that CBS has cut its original 22-episode order to just 13 episodes.
    Why CBS is canceling Melissa McCarthy's 'Mike & Molly,' according to its stars

25. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I would think McCarthy is glad to be getting out of it, at least. Not sure about the other stars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.