Macca just played Temporary Secretary live in London and promises more surprises

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by raphph, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 905

905 Senior Member

Nancy Wilson has been singing Let Me Roll It at Heart concerts recently, which I thought was interesting because it wasn't one of the two Art of McCartney songs covered.

But as far as Paul, it seems to be a staple like Hey Jude and Yesterday.
    But maybe swap Let Me Roll It with, say, Mumbo and let's top this thread.

theMess likes this.
  2. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I wouldn't mind it if I didn't already know he'd follow it up with Foxy Lady and the same Jimi Hendrix story we've heard countless times already. :shake: Keep it spontaneous, Paul! :righton:

3. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

He should bust out Sheik of Araby.

4. extravaganza

extravaganza Senior Member

I think Paul still has a wonderful voice and I actually think he has grown into his grizzled "old man" voice on a lot of his recent studio tracks. I saw him last year in San Diego and he can certainly still work the rockers. However, it is more of a stylized growl that he is doing now that I am sure takes a lot less power than the full throated vocal shredding that he did on the Wings Over America Tour which would have been the ideal time and place for "Oh Darling" which would have been a true delight to have heard live back then. At least he did do "Call Me Back Again" .... ("Oh Darling Part 2")

bocaymon, popscene and theMess like this.
  5. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner… Thread Starter

Can't Buy Me Love in encore. No special guest yet.

theMess likes this.
  6. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Why stop there? Paul should do all 15 songs from the Decca Session: Love Of The Loved, Hello Little Girl, Besame Mucho, Searchin', Like Dreamers Do, etc. ;)

nowhereman87, Kermit27 and theMess like this.
  7. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

While were at it, how about an hour of Buddy Holly?

theMess, 905 and HominyRhodes like this.
  8. Arnold Grove

Too bad Paul doesn't do those Buddy Holly parties anymore. There were a bunch in the 1970s and 1980s.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    theMess, daveidmarx and HominyRhodes like this.
  9. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Not 'arf!!

theMess and Arnold Grove like this.
  10. Arnold Grove

That was John, right?

No wonder Decca rejected them. They couldn't handle anyone singing "Not 'arf"....

theMess likes this.
  11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I thought that was George's?

12. Arnold Grove

It was George's spotlight, but I'm sure Paul knows how it goes.

13. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

There are lots and lots of songs I'd love to see Paul perform. Sheik Of Araby is not one of them.

14. edenofflowers

It was, I think, his impression of Kenneth Williams from the Carry On movies.
    "Not 'arf!" was also used mostly by DJ Alan 'Fluff' Freeman in the 60s and 70s but JL's accent on the Decca Sessions version sounds like Kenny Williams to I.
    Also love his Peter Seller's 'Indian' accent for 'Hey man save one chick for me!' during Three Cool Cats.
    There are so many little John Lennon moments, there are tons of really funny dubbed lines in Help as well. He was a really funny dude with a warped sense of humour that is often heard on Beatles recordings. They wouldn't have been so fab without John's humour, that's for sure, it had an edge to it that I love.

supermd, ajsmith, zobalob and 3 others like this.
  15. Arnold Grove

Absolutely. Remember it was the Beatles humor that impressed George Martin even more than their music when he first met them. And John was the best of the bunch. That probably was the reason that Paul and George didn't punch John out when he really deserved it. They just loved his humor too much.

edenofflowers and theMess like this.
  16. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

I'd be happy if Paulie busted out "I Remember You".

17. raphph

Mr. E. Tramp, Mkirk and theMess like this.
  18. raphph

[​IMG]

Here's the NEW album sign getting in the way of other songs....Took them about 4 songs to get it down / realise

19. edenofflowers

Looks like they'll have to buy a NEW one.

tankyuveddymuch :sigh:

supermd and theMess like this.
  20. Mkirk

Mkirk Forum Resident

Thanks for posting all of these and the song updates. It's really appreciated by those of us who couldn't be there. Glad you had such a great time :righton: Would love to hear him do Ram On live. Sadly it hasn't been in the setlist for the concerts I've been too. Fingers crossed I'll get a chance to see him do it one day.

raphph and theMess like this.
  21. klaatuhf

klaatuhf Forum Resident

Ah I see you're from NZ so I'd say you have as much chance of seeing Macca live in your own country as I have here in Australia.. that means none and Buckleys. Macca really truly hates us here downunder and he's lost a LOT of fans due to his snobbery. If we lived in America we would get a chance to see him almost every six months. I mean he's even played Korea where of course he sells trillions of albums!!!!! At least every other major artist on the planet comes here every now and again. We haven't had Paul since 1993! Now returning you to your normal broadcast :)

22. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Well, I guess he can always play it on the ukulele...

23. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Unf--kingbelievable.

If there was one song I figured McCartney would never bring out of mothballs, that would be it! Not a bad performance, either...

mr._mojo_filter, theMess and bocaymon like this.
  24. music and movies

music and movies Forum Resident

Well, these guys were campaigning to have him play "Temporary Secretary" live last summer. They had several thousand of their followers bombard the Twitter account with requests for "Temporary Secretary" at Dodger Stadium last August. There was some form of acknowledgement because the song was played prior to the concert on the PA.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    theMess and 905 like this.
  25. music and movies

music and movies Forum Resident

Last edited: May 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.