Tears For Fears Elemental Vs Curt Smith Soul On Board

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mirrorblade.1, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Both cds came out in 93 ?
    Which one is the best? I like Elemental a little better than
    Soul On Board?

danielbravo likes this.
  2. Elemental was better, but Curt Smith has done really good work with Charlton Pettus on all his other projects.

3. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

Elemental by a country mile. Roland is a far more interesting songwriter than Curt. I find Curt to be bland and a bit MOR.

SBMusic, danielbravo and ARK like this.
  4. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Soul On Board is terrible. Even Curt Smith doesn't like it.

JulesRules likes this.
  5. Djmover

Djmover Forum Resident

Been a huge TFF fan since 84,and as every TFF fan knows they are not exactly prolific.
    So 93 comes around and we have 2 albums and CD singles from Roland and Curt approx 30 new tracks which was unbelievable.
    I know Curt has disowned Soul on Board but I rather like it ,Elemental was great as well. So after being starved of material for soo long I enjoyed them equally as much .
    Actually think their best works are their two respective follow ups Curt 's Mayfield and Roland's TFF Raoul and the Kings of Spain both are pure genius.
    Now the long wait continues for the follow up to 2004's Everbody Love's a Happy Ending.
    Yes being a TFF fan requires a lot of patience .

JulesRules and dartira like this.
  6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Elemental, hands down over "Soul on BORED".

I love TFF and their respective elements but SoB is the low water mark in their collective discography. However, I don't see the album as a total loss as the title track is quite nice. YMMV of course.

danielbravo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.