Is 'Let it Be' DVD finally coming?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DeYoung, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes, even though it was short and from Entertainment Weekly, it was quite honest and revealing. Not just a short puff piece for publicity.

I know Paul in particular liked Lindsay-Hogg, using him to direct some of his 70s promo clips like Helen Wheels, Mull Of Kintyre, and London Town. The Rolling Stones used him a lot too for probably more than a dozen of their promo clips, besides the Rock n Roll Circus film.

3. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Zeki and Arnold Grove like this.
  4. Arnold Grove

5. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Not sure if Dark Horse is going to be a scratch or not.
    The horse was heard to say "I'll run if you want me to run, and I won't run if you don't want me to run. Whatever it is that pleases you, I'll do it."

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    BeatlesBop, Thumper, theMess and 8 others like this.
  6. Arnold Grove

7. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Great photo! I've not seen this one before.

It's confusing me though. Looking at the hair/beards this was clearly taken around the time of the Abbey Road cover, so around August 1969. This must have been a very early rough cut of the film rather than anything remotely near to the finished product (if indeed this photo is Let It Be related).

8. fab432

fab432 “To the toppermost of the poppermost, Johnny!”

Makes me happy that I kept a functional VCR so I can play my Let It Be VHS tape once every 20 years. Especially if I'm feeling down and need a quick pick me up.

MoonPool likes this.
  9. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

I believe it was taken on July 20 or 21st, the day that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon (the date depending on whether you were in England or America or...the moon!)

10. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

It's odd to see John but not Yoko in that picture. If she went to the bathroom, I would've thought John would've gone with her.

musicfan37 likes this.
  11. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Thats what I remember reading. And after a couple months, I read that the movies were goi g to be delayed some months, and that Let It Be would be release after MMT, around the end of 2014 or 2015. Thats why I think this is the year.

She is anyway likes this.
  12. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

theMess and OobuJoobu like this.
  13. bewareofchairs

bewareofchairs Forum Resident

theMess likes this.
  14. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Wow, George changed a lot from January to August, he looked much more older in August.

15. bewareofchairs

bewareofchairs Forum Resident

They were there, but they only have their own perspectives/memories to go on, which are proven to not be very reliable. I can see we're not going to see eye to eye on this one, so agree to disagree? :)

theMess and dewey02 like this.
  16. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Photo quality improved by forum member gswan of Australia:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

theMess likes this.
  17. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Oh, those are George's parents, right?

theMess likes this.
  18. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Yep. Just a bit older than in this photo.
    [​IMG]

musicfan37 and theMess like this.
  19. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Would it be fair to say that we as fans feel their memories are reliable when we'd like them to be, and not so reliable when we don't like what they say? I mean, The Beatles DID drift apart and they broke up, right? I guess we can agree to disagree, but you've made a good point too that the actual Beatles themselves actually can only go by their own perspectives (maybe they were bored by the Get Back sessions but some of us might not find them dull, for example).

20. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I'll thank Yoko for you, for taking the picture. ;)

bagofsoup likes this.
  21. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

It's his father...isn't that Layla between them?

22. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Life isn't black and white. Eye witnesses are sometimes not the best in recollecting what actually happened. Since the Beatles were in the center of the maelstrom, they often did not see things the same as perhaps others saw them. I would guess that Neil and Mal probably had quite different perceptions of what actually happened than the four Beatles did. And then there are people like Mark Lewisohn, who gathers research and makes conclusions based on what he's found.
    Who right and who's wrong? All of them, even Mark. The best we can do is take it all in, and make our own decisions about what we believe to be true. And clearly, we won't always agree on that. But that is OK too. :cheers:

theMess and Arnold Grove like this.
  23. Arnold Grove

Yes, it was a screening in late July 1969 of an early version of the film that was about 1 hour longer---with lots more footage of John and Yoko, which was cut from the final film.

theMess likes this.
  24. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

The mom is on George's left, you can see her face in one of the photos.

musicalbeds likes this.
  25. Arnold Grove

Harold (George's dad) is siting next to Patti.
    Louise (George's mom) is partially cut off in the photo, sitting next to George (and below the fellow in the orange shirt).

musicalbeds likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.