Macca just played Temporary Secretary live in London and promises more surprises

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by raphph, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. music and movies

music and movies Forum Resident

2. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Would much rather hear something like "Love In Song" or "Tug Of War".

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  3. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

got a free ticket for last nights show ( hehehe ) Sunday and he dedicated the song to the " comedian " ( actor ) Alfred Marks who founded the employment agency of the same name ( i was never always sure if the two Alfred Marks were one and the same ). Not many seemed to remember old Alfred and the song didn't seem to go down that well....he did some other songs i did not expect like Another Girl and Ram on and the golden slumbers the end ending was perfect...

4. CDmp3

CDmp3 Forum Resident

that was AWESOME...Secret Friend next...

5. bocaymon

bocaymon Forum Resident

I have been fortunate enough to see Paul in concert several times since 1989. Saturday's concert was a standout for me. Maybe he's been resting his voice for a while, but, surely I have not heard him sing so good since 1991. Very FEW strainings notes. The Beatles songs - Eight Days A Week and Let It Be for instance - sounded so much better this time! This concert would make a superb DVD. Really.

6. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

From some reactions I draw this conclusion
    "I want Paul to take riscques and play deep solo/Wings-songs. But only the ones I like"
    Hilarious
    :)

7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Don't give Paul any ideas about another concert DVD, please.... ;)

8. Arnold Grove

Yes, from now on, Paul must submit a list of the surprise and deep solo songs that he wishes to play in concert. Then, the "Steve Hoffman Forum Committee for Which Songs Paul Can Play" will give the final thumbs-up or thumbs-down on those songs... ;)

theMess, brettb33 and JimC like this.
  9. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

You seriously think any sort of consensus could be found here!? :nyah:

Zeki likes this.
  10. Linto

Linto Mayor of Simpleton

I must say the best thing about Temp. Sec. on Saturday was the video playing behind, a bit Kraftwerk

muffmasterh likes this.
  11. Arnold Grove

I'm sometimes in doubt that there is any intelligence here (including my own!), let alone a consensus... ;)

theMess, brettb33 and Bemagnus like this.
  12. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

If Paul release a dvd of the concert grom yesterdays concert, I would be pretty happy. Just awesome songs.

theMess and bocaymon like this.
  13. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

0AD - Birth of Christ

1492 - Columbus discovers America

1945 - WW2 ends

2015 -'Temporary Secretary' debuts live.

14. bocaymon

bocaymon Forum Resident

I hear you. :D But this one would stand out from the rest because of his singing. It was that good :goodie:

15. Skywheel

Skywheel Forum Resident

The first time I ever saw Paul ('93 in Memphis) one of the two highlights for me was being surprised by "Let Me Roll It".
    Loved it.
    So I'd vote for that in the set list every time.

The other highlight was "Can't Buy Me Love". I felt like I could close my eyes and it was the Fab Four in all their glory.

Sorry, but I wouldn't miss "Temp Sec".

JoeRockhead likes this.
  16. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

Hate the song, but I'm glad to see him pulling out deep cuts. It gives me hope that I may yet hear Take It Away live someday.

Drifter, ted321 and Bemagnus like this.
  17. Arnold Grove

You left out this important date:

1971 -- Paul writes and records "Bip Bop" ... ;)

18. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner… Thread Starter

Yes - and I've seen Paul 16 times in 13 years and he's played that at position five or six in the setlist EVERY SINGLE TIME. Only Yesterday, Hey Jude, Let It Be and Here Today have stuck around that long!

19. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner… Thread Starter

20. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Stop the press! People want to hear songs they like and don't want to hear songs they don't like and actually have the nerve to comment about it on a website where there's a text-entry box for comments and other people are talking about the same exact thing?

jeatleboe likes this.
  21. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Great idea-in this case I suggest a committee consisting of three persons-me,myself and I.
    My first suggestion is to include Mary Had a little lamb instead of Hey Jude.
    My second suggestion is to include Tomorrow instead of Yesterday
    My third suggestion is to include We all stand together instead of All together now.

She is anyway likes this.
  22. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Of course people want to hear songs they like instead of songs they don t like. Even people with limited intelligence-like me-can figure that out. The question still concerns the wish many here have told the word-that Paul should try more deep cuts. He did just that in this case-of course a song not everyone likes. But he still took another way than playing it safe. Even if one don t like this particular song there is no denying in that fact.
    On the other hand-if Paul should play the songs so everyone can feel satisfied-given the arguments we have here-he ought to have a 200 songs set-list-
    something I don t believe all that realistic.

brettb33, Zeki and ajsmith like this.
  23. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Seems like stating the obvious. I think everyone pretty much said they were happy he took the chance.

24. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Bip Bop is a true masterpiece both when it comes to lyrical subtlety and musical intelligence. I belong to the chosen few who have seen Paul perform this absolute masterpiece live back in 1972. Haven t fully recovered from that experience yet. And now-Temporary secretary live. If he plays that one 9/7 when I will be out there my life is fulfilled.

She is anyway and Yorick like this.
  25. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Did we inspire dear old Paul? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.