Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Christmas Attic (double 180-gram vinyl LP) - £17.65
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MWHXGU0

The Rolling Stones - From the Vault: The Marquee - Live in 1971 (DVD + vinyl LP) - £11.75
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VVZUUP8

Great deal for these two items...less than $44 USD shipped to North America for both! Just for comparison, the TSO LP sells for over $50 alone on either Amazon.ca or Amazon.com (and that doesn't include shipping)...

imarcq likes this.
  2. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

Nice deals. I'm in on the Stones set. I always get a little excited (and a little anxiety from my bank account) when I see this thread pop up on my "Watched Threads" list.

3. Dr Faustus

Dr Faustus A younger man now getting old

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

5. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

6. goldenbreast

goldenbreast Forum Resident

7. KeithH

I received this Parker set from Amazon-UK during the week. My plan to start playing through it over the weekend, but it looks like a great deal. It is, of course, packed with music, plus it comes with an extensive book.

8. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

It does come with a book? I've seen other reissues similar to this without one. Good to know.

9. KeithH

Yes. The set is packaged as three "chubby" jewel cases in a slipcase. The book is in the first chubby jewel case.

Mr. H likes this.
  10. espartaco

espartaco Forum Resident

11. RPhelps

RPhelps Forum Resident

Bill Evans on Verve

thx - I'm in for one of these !!

theron d likes this.
  12. Dennis Metz

A great box

theron d likes this.
  13. KeithH

Me too. Only $28.76 USD shipped. Hopefully they get it back in stock.

theron d likes this.
  14. KeithH

It looks great. I just got the comparable Charlie Parker Verve box set, and it is a nice set.

15. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

If you guys were real men, you'd seek out the rusty, tetanus-inducing version :p

Dave Garrett, theron d and jeffsab like this.
  16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

17. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

18. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

The Dusty Springfield Complete A and B Sides 1963-1970 2CD that Bob Stanley put together is down to £2.99 (less than US$5).

http://amzn.to/1BlLAuH

ptijerm, jupiter8 and Davidmk5 like this.
  19. Dennis Metz

Now that's a deal

20. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

21. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Actually it comes to 8 bucks and change shipped, but still a super bargain and impossible for me to resist.

22. kazzard

kazzard Forum Resident

PhantomStranger and PH416156 like this.
  23. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

This is slightly off topic, but I have a question about Amazon-UK. Does anyone know if they sell CD-Rs the way Amazon US does? For example, I'm interested in getting this, but the US site only has it as a CD-R. I've looked for the same product on the UK site and it doesn't mention it being a CD-R, so that's either because they're offering a pressed copy or because they don't indicate specifics like that (or perhaps I overlooked the details).

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.amazon.com/Fugitive-Pete...TF8&qid=1433968307&sr=8-1&keywords=B0000560K3

24. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

In the case of The Fugitive soundtrack it looks like .co.uk has a proper pressed UK release of the CD from Silva Screen, there is also a much more expensive US issue available, that doesn't mean that .co.uk don't sell CD-Rs though.

25. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I'm not aware of Amazon UK selling CD-R versions of CDs, certainly not ones sold directly from Amazon.co.uk (rather than a third party seller), like The Fugitive soundtrack: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000058DG0. I've purchased a lot of CDs from them over the years, and not once have I received a CD-R.

My advice would be to purchase directly from amazon.co.uk and not a third party seller (which may be slightly cheaper, but no guarantee of quality). Amazon UK have superb customer service, so if you do receive a CD-R version of this (which is different from that identified in the product description), simply contact them and they will issue you a full refund without requiring you to return the incorrect item.