half.com / half dot com items not currently indexed on ebay

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by starfieldroad, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow Thread Starter

I have a few titles listed via half.com. Out of the blue today I checked to see if they were visible in ebay as they should be given my store and paypal levels. they were not. I messaged half customer support and got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting about your Half.com listings on eBay. I understand that you’re wondereing why it’s not showing up on eBay yet. Let me address your concern.

We’ve looked into this and verified that the reason why Half.com items are not showing on eBay is because; Half.com items are indexed on a different search engine. At this time there is no information on when Half.com listings will be switched onto the new search engine.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

I’m glad to have informed why your Half.com listings aren’t showing up on eBay.

We appreciate your attention and understanding in this process. It’s nice to know of your enthusiasm and interest in spending your business through our website. I hope that you continue on getting a lot of great deals toward your future transactions.

Thank you for choosing Half.com!

2. starfieldroad

3. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Well, "spending your business through our website" might make anybody who cares about syntax (or even half-ass'd correct use of the English language) want to think twice about doing business with half.com?

4. starfieldroad

I was surprised that there wasn't boilerplate for the niceties

5. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

But maybe that WAS boilerplate?!? (From the sound of what you quoted, these folks wouldn't know enough to construct any better boilerplate. . . .)

starfieldroad likes this.
  6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I had 1,300 CDs at Half. I thought it would be a good place for them while I worked on getting rid of a ton of vinyl. I was seeing them indexed on ebay, no problem. But I was not getting any sales to speak of. After 5 weeks I started to panic, as I had nice rare minty things, desirable titles, and I was going broke speding all my time listing and not much to show for it.

I moved all my CD stock to Amazon (I had never used them before), and the cash started pouring in in less than 12 hours. 5 to 10 discs sold daily for months. Major bucks coming in. It was staggering how well Amazon did for me after a deadsville half.

Galley and starfieldroad like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.