Anyone here remember "Emergency!"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mr_mjb1960, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

We recently got a METV affiliate and I saw one there. Our TiVo automatically referred me to NetFlix as a viewing option. I don't know if MeTV is in HD anywhere, but it looks unremarkable here. The HD quality on NetFlix is miles above.

dan c

2. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

That's a show I watched when I was a kid. I would watch the French dubbed reruns in the late 70's. It was only a few years ago that I got to watch some of those episodes again, albeit in English. I was impressed by how the storytelling held up together nicely even if it did not have the pace of more recent shows. My sister and I would watch CHIPs, Emergency, Medical Center (not as often) and the other ones that kids watched like The Bionic Woman, etc...

3. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

I love Me-TV but watch it on Netflix- on Me-TV HD they slightly blow it up to make the aspect ration closer to 16x9- unfortunately, unless they recently changed something, the SD signal is not the original version but the blown-up HD version which is then cropped on the right and left to fit 4x3!

Dan C likes this.
  4. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

I remember enjoying this TV show as a kid and have rediscovered it on Netflix. I remember the cast but not any of the plots, so this is very much like seeing the episodes for the first time in a way. What amuses me most is seeing well-established actors in the early stages of their careers playing bit parts. John Travolta, Nick Nolte, Deidre Hall (and/or her twin?) Also fun seeing what plot points still remain relevant today. Shocking was how ugly the city looked back then. Ugh.

chilinvilin likes this.
  5. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

I catch Emergency on ME-TV with over the air antenna, not HD quality but watchable.

6. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

No idea what RTV is but we have MeTV and it plays Emergency! Gee Wally, what are you doing on Emergency? Does mom know Eddie put you up to taking out that motorcycle?

chilinvilin likes this.
  7. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Same here. Watched and loved both as a kid.

clhboa likes this.
  8. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

That show caused most people to stop putting pull tabs on soft drinks into the can while drinking.

jupiter8 and sixtiesstereo like this.
  9. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

I've never seen the show, but I was at a Washington state Search and Rescue conference last week and Mantooth was a guest speaker.

Jose Jones likes this.
  10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I would watch it with my mom when I was a kid. It was one of the first shows that the old man refused to watch.
    I was jazzed when I finally found out who Bobby Troup and Julie London was. I just thought Troup was an unknown actor who got lucky with his two word line in MASH movie

11. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

Reading about this show in the Jack Webb biography "My name's Friday", it was scheduled against the number one show "All in the Family". You might expect it to disappear quickly. But it survived for 5 1/2 years and two years of occasional TV movies by pulling a different demographic. It was the most popular show among children two through eleven. Ultimately they made a cartoon Emergency + 4 that ran for three years starting in 1973.

jupiter8 and Dan C like this.
  12. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

13. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Same with me. One oddity on Netflix is that in Season One, there is no episode #3, it goes from the 2 part Pilot directly to episode #4. Anyone know why?

14. Blender

Blender Forum Resident

ringers lactate, stat!

15. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

I had no idea episode 3 was even missing. I read the synopsis in wikipedia and it sounds like I had seen it. But I could be wrong.

16. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Wow, I forgot about the cartoon. I used to watch that as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.