Is 'Let it Be' DVD finally coming?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DeYoung, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I really hope these lettuce jokes are finished, and that these aren't just the tip of the iceberg. o_O

2. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Closer maybe ;), but he did say Black Pack or Black Bag or something like that after Albert Hall. Or it could be the way Scouser's pronounce their words. They tend to blend into each other causing confusion.:D
    Ill take your word for it because you are from Liverpool.:thumbsup:

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  3. slane

slane Forum Resident

Isn't it the other way round, we see John's face but Paul has his back to the camera?

4. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Great post. I didn't know about George citing, in a sworn document, a fight with Paul as the catalyst. I suppose it's possible that, even by this stage, he was relying more on the LIB film than on anything else. He must have seen the final cut at least once by the time he did the affidavit.

I also wonder whether Klein played in a role in the drafting of John's, Ringo's and George's affidavits...

theMess, Zeki and JimC like this.
  5. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Correct! So we don't even know if that's the correct shot of John

theMess likes this.
  6. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Well he may be saying "get in a black bag" to pander a little to John's current 'bagism' and engage him.

theMess, jeatleboe and dewey02 like this.
  7. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

I think that's shallot.

Lost In The Flood and theMess like this.
  8. bewareofchairs

bewareofchairs Forum Resident

I could imagine it being possible because Let It Be's version of events is what he would've wanted to believe. It was like he was in a constant state of denial about the state of his friendship with John.

theMess likes this.
  9. slane

slane Forum Resident

Maybe some minor touching-up of tracks, but IMO good enough takes of the songs existed, but Glyn didn't use them.

For example, when told to reconfigure his album to tie-in more with the film, Glyn replaced Teddy Boy with I Me Mine and Across The Universe, but didn't revise any of his other selections, even though superior 30/31 January versions of I've Got A Feeling, Dig A Pony and Two Of Us were featured in the film. He just seemed adamant in sticking with his original inferior choices.

theMess likes this.
  10. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure it is as Paul's head and hand movements match what he is saying to John.

I also don't believe John's strung out on heroin in that shot. He's just not interested in what Paul is saying. You can see it in his body language. He did not want to play live again with The Beatles, so whatever Paul had to say on the matter was of no interest to him.

jeatleboe likes this.
  11. Skywheel

Skywheel Forum Resident

How can you diss "Piggies"?
    George's mother is now immortalized by her contribution of the best line of lyric.

"Snort!!

Sorry, I'm not really feeling in the oink. please root for me.

Boris number 9 likes this.
  12. Skywheel

Skywheel Forum Resident

Jeatleboe, I've mentioned one other time how very similar our Beatle thoughts and tastes are.
    Generally if I feel like there's something to say I can wait and you're going to say it.
    The one place I really see a difference is where you feel McCartney fans may be smoothing the edges off of John's legacy
    and I feel John's "sainthood" (as another post called it) is somehow coming at the expense of Paul's.

I guess we can agree the John v Paul schtick doesn't do the band any good at all.

As for you getting complaints about negative Paul comments, that's just sad.
    As huge as McCartney's catalog is there has got to be some crap in there somewhere.
    Problem is there's just no consensus on what is Paul's crap and what is some fine dining.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  13. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

In Jan 69, if he wasn't strung out on heroin, then it is easy to read his mind (no body language required) and know exactly what he was thinking: "what can I do to get this guy to stop talking so I can go off camera and shoot some more smack"

14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I think John and Yoko were sniffers exclusively. Afraid of needles...

theMess and jeatleboe like this.
  15. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Sniff, shoot either way. If you are an addict you are either under the influence or counting the moments until you can be.

Not that there is anything wrong with that

16. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

?????????????????????? :confused:

17. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

If a person wants to alter their own state of mind through chemical means, legal or illegal, I do not have a moral issue with that.

Now if you want to discuss his treatment of Cynthia and Julian that is another issue.

18. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

That is what I've always thought. John and Yoko had just done a bag thing at Albert Hall In December '68.

jeatleboe likes this.
  19. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

So how many bags does it take to fill the Albert Hall? ... ;)

20. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I know John was doing heroin at this time, but in this particular sequence I think it's more the latter. I think John was kind of finished with the idea of doing live Beatles performances for the most part, and was just passively letting Paul dream (and drone) on.

21. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

If it was an argument about not liking Yoko then there is your answer. Maybe it was to keep some dirty laundry from coming out. Maybe it was an argument blaming Yoko for John's heroin use and he didn't want to say that in court because of John's prior drug charge so Paul was the easier way to go especially since Paul was suing them at that time. And the story stuck because of George not wanting to admit he threw one friend under the bus over the other and his memory followed suit.

22. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I think John did write some new songs.
    George and Ringo became bored too, and it's evident.... were they strung out too?

23. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Instant Karma!

24. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

John was always the cool guy and the leader. George and Paul were friends but Paul abandoned George for John early on. Years later LSD changed the dynamic and George got in with John. Perhaps George had become protective of what he saw as a close relationship with John, which, by January '69, was disintegrating as Yoko became John's focus. One can imagine that by '69 George had a fair bit of resentment for Paul after he dumped him for John years earlier and had treated him as his inferior within the group. At the same time John is dumping George for Yoko. Where does George turn? He doesn't want to lose John, he already resents Paul and he knows that Ringo isn't in charge. He points the finger at Paul.

Or something like that?

25. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Certainly George was prepared to put up with a lot from John as he always saw him as 'the leader and founder and a cool older guy'. With Paul, it was more 'this is the kid in the same short pants and school tie as me who got the same bus as me to school. I'm not impressed by him!' So no wonder he was easily PO'd at Paul but cut John plenty of slack. Just how it was.

The scene in Anthology where they're discussing playing on the roof shows this. They're all disagreeing, George is adamant he's not going up, then John quietly says 'I'm doing it' and George immediately acquiesces silently with a friendly nod. John's power as 'Leader' of The Beatles was so squandered at that point but fortunately they got that one last gasp out of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.