Arrow - New Green Arrow TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Okay I don't pay complete total attention to this show, that helps me enjoy it more (I surf the net while watching).

I just think it's bullsh^t you deciding what can or cannot be included in the show. It seems in character for Queen to me either as his sincere viewpoint or as a public image stance.

2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

It's only "in character" if the writers approve it, as they're the ones who crafted his character.

Again, regardless of whatever agenda they're trying to promote or not promote, I'm still enjoying the show a lot. I just don't think they should use the show as a platform for whatever agenda they have, if indeed they do have one.

3. Lonson

I think they're giving the character some substance, I think they have no agenda beyond the success of the show. I wish they would use the show towards some liberal or challenging agenda myself, but they're not.

4. In the comics, Oliver Queen has been an avowed Liberal since the 1970s. He's one of the few comic book characters with a well-known political leaning.

Stormrider77 and The Pinhead like this.
  5. Lonson

Thank you, Denny O'Neil. ;)

6. Lonson

I can't remember specifically but I think she's alive.

The actress is now one of the stars of NBC's "Dracula" (which imo isn't that bad). So she may not reappear in this show as "the Huntress"--if the character returns she will possibly be portrayed by another actress; they've already done that with the Black Canary character.

7. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I recently discovered this series on a plane trip back from Europe and am starting to work my way through from the beginning. Surprisingly, my wife, who generally hates all things comic book/superhero, likes the show a lot. Anyone still watching?

8. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

My girlfriend is enjoying watching the first season on Prime and she's about halfway through it. I kind of semi watch it. But we both agree the flashbacks to the island bit are getting annoying.

The words "Well at this point we are only 6 months into his time on the bloody island and he's been caught and escaped 5 times already!" were mentioned last week!

9. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I haven't watched the series, but Oliver Queen is generally portrayed an uber liberal in the comics. Albiet, a hyper-violent uber liberal.

10. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Didn't watch this show until Arrow appeared on The Flash a few weeks ago. Now I'm really digging it.

11. Lonson

I'm still watching, it's a decent show. I don't mind the flashbacks (which now are of a different place!)

Quadboy likes this.
  12. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Just one example from the classic '70s series.

[​IMG]

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Old posts, but I'm chuckling at the surprise of men's wives/girlfriends enjoying this show. I'm sure the frequent scenes of Oliver shirtless have very little to do with that! ;)

I stopped watching this 1-2 episoes into season 2 as I just couldn't stand the super intrusive pop-up add for other CW shows that they would superimpose over the action. Did "The Huntress" ever come back with Jessica De Gouw plaing her? I liked her on this show and Dracula. Gorgeous actress. I checked in recently and was disappointed to find that Laurel was now The Black Canary. I found that character (and the actress) pretty dull. I may try and resume it on Netflix sometime where I can avoid all the CW spinning network bugs, hashtags and promos for other shows.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  14. The Huntress made one or two appearances in season two. She's nothing more than a minor recurring character on Arrow. Laurel became Black Canary in season three.

15. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Ah, the days when mainstream comics were really good!

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  16. Loved the Doctor Who mention in last week's episode!

17. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident

Been watching the series since it started. I am a huge fan of the Green Arrow. Love the stories from the Green Lantern/Green Arrow comics by Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams. The series isn't based on THAT Green Arrow. It looks to me like they jumped on the 1980's mini series by Von Eeden and also by the mini series by Mike Grell. A lot of the series has to do with Longbow Hunters mini series and beyond. It is a lot more violent version of Green Arrow. I don't mind that because I love the 80's mini series and beyond. Grell's take on Green Arrow is the one I would prefer if you are going to do a TV series. Didn't care for what they've done to Ray Palmer/The Atom. He looks like a bad version of Iron Man. Hopefully they will fix that problem and hopefully they will bring back Deathstroke. DC can't really do movies well...but they can do TV well.

Quadboy likes this.
  18. The producers wanted to use Ted Kord aka Blue Beetle on Arrow. They asked DC/Warner for permission and got shot down. Arrow's writers substituted the Atom in Blue Beetle's intended place.

Season three and their use of the Atom makes a lot more sense if you think of him as the Blue Beetle.

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  19. tenyearsgone

tenyearsgone New Member

I haven't watched since the mid-season finale in December but personally I think it's great. I don't watch much tv, but I make an exception for Arrow. Although I do see why it seems like the wives like it more than the husbands. There's much more drama than there is action. Also, shirtless men. I'm not complaining!

20. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I watched season one on Netflix a while back and while it was enjoyable enough it didn't really prompt me to watch season 2. But, I ended up watching and really enjoying The Flash so I've decided to give it another go. I'm about halfway through season 2 at the moment and while I don't think it's as good as The Flash (and definitely not as good as Daredevil) it's good enough to keep me watching. Hopefully season 3 will end up on Netflix at some point during the summer.

Quadboy likes this.
  21. Lonson

Thanks for that. Yeah, it does.

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  22. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Verrry interresstinng...

23. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Season 3 starts off promising, but rides itself off the rails after a pretty good mid-season finale (episode 9). There are some Flash crossovers that are pretty fun if you are a fan of that show, and it ends in a place that at least suggests hope that the train can re-find the track for season 4.

24. ascot

ascot Senior Member

I still enjoy the show, but it did feel like they were treading water for a good chunk of the second half of the season.

25. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.