Macca just played Temporary Secretary live in London and promises more surprises

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by raphph, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. music and movies

music and movies Forum Resident

Well, it is a thing with these guys...

Their videos have a total of 119,484,747 combined views.

2. music and movies

3. music and movies

4. music and movies

They're prominent enough to have directed (and starred in) numerous promotional videos for Nintendo featuring the President and CEO of Nintendo of America, and they've worked with several CEOs for big events.

I do feel like these guys had an effect...

You'll notice that all of the comments for the live "Temporary Secretary" performance videos from a few days ago are about Mega64.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  5. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

You may have noticed that Neil Young is playing concerts containing songs from his new Monsanto album -- 100% of the audience has not heard those songs!

6. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Yeah, loved it. It was like Tron meets 9 to 5.

theMess likes this.
  7. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

That Club Helmbreker cover was great. I also like this more electro version by Part Time Punks:

8. Understood but they are new sings not 35 year old songs nobody knows.

I actually love the track and think it's cool he added it. Just reading all the excitement around the Beatle fans world and observing that lots of civilian folks don't know it.

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  9. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

I think it's high time we stop referring to the masses at Paul's shows as "nobody". I will agree that probably 50% of the attendees are casual/first timers/or slightly above average fans. The reason he has thrown in the rarities is two fold; it appeases us - the mega fans and it also serves as an introduction to new audiences who may be tempted to explore his incredibly varied and vast solo catalogue; which ultimately is a great thing because it means more and more people will come to appreciate and have a new found love of his oft mis-understood solo career.

longaway and theMess like this.
  10. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

AWWwwwwww.... He SHOULD do "Nobody Knows"!!!
    ;)

daveidmarx and UncleHalsey like this.
  11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

A third reason: It's probably great fun for Paul and for especially his band to work up a song that hasn't been done before. Paul and the band do try out more things at soundchecks, but maybe Temporary Secretary just was really fun to play---and hence it made the regular set list.

theMess likes this.
  12. bagofsoup

bagofsoup Forum Resident

I understand that they regularly work things up and throw them Paul's way to see if he bites.

theMess likes this.
  13. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I am glad to hear that he does at least work up so many songs, even if he doesn't play them in concert. Recently he has played songs like Martha My Dear, Appreciate, Alligator, Silly Love Songs, Demon's Dance, No More Lonely Nights, Led Zep's 'The Ocean' and Big Barn Bed in soundchecks.

I personally would love to see all of those played in concert at some point.

supermd, vince, Perian and 3 others like this.
  14. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

In a better world, he would have played Bogie Music.

vince likes this.
  15. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

In a medley with Ode To A Koala Bear and Tropic Island Hum, before he plays the entire Driving Rain album.

Now that would be a concert.:D

Ryan Lux, Zeki and She is anyway like this.
  16. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Has anyone found any 02 footage of Ram On?

17. supersquonk

supersquonk Forum Resident

My dream would be he plays a theater, ditches the visual effects, and digs out stuff like Wanderlust, Famous Groupies, Wild Life tunes.

Ryan Lux likes this.
  18. gja586

gja586 Forum Resident

I really love both of these (though in my world, Driving Rain excludes Freedom!)

Love all of these too! The Frog Chorus has awesome melodies and arrangements. :)

Drifter and She is anyway like this.
  19. A bigger story would be that he stopped the explosions during Live and Let Die

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If he did that, he'd be accused of following Kate Bush' lead.

theMess likes this.
  21. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Amazing.

theMess likes this.
  22. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Don't forget to add Susanna Hoffs or similar as your date for this dream concert, because none of it is going to happen. Dream big. :D ;)

23. music and movies

Mega64 brought it up on their Sunday podcast. 6:00 mark.

24. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

kwadguy, MerseyBeatle, Tord and 3 others like this.
  25. music and movies

The Internet is responsible for this. Nerdist interviewed McCartney on December 19, 2014 and asked him towards the end of the hour-long discussion if he had ever considered playing "Temporary Secretary." There would be no reason to just ask this out of the blue if it had not been for Mega64, who asked outright several month prior that Paul play it live at the show they planned to attend at Dodger Stadium in August 2014. It had been a running joke for them that the theme song for one of their members was "Temporary Secretary" because he would play it on the jukebox at every Buffalo Wild Wings they went to (sometimes on loop).

October 18, 2013:

The encore (where it was revealed they had it played over and over again through their entire stay)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hV88XXssJQ

December 16, 2013:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHltPFn0b-w

June 3, 2014:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbFXJo4s5wU

Eventually, some started to call it "Buffalo Wild Wings Theme."

Mega64 is a very well-known comedy video production group on YouTube. In May 2014, they asked their fans to make sure McCartney knew that they wanted to hear "Temporary Secretary." The fans did everything they could.

The Internet is a powerful thing.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Zeki, bagofsoup and theMess like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.