Most tracks on CDs you own

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

Dianacally Yours, a Paul Anka collection from Bear Family, packs 36 songs on one disc by exceeding the typical 80-minute limit. Other releases of theirs probably have even more songs on one CD.

Disc two of Buddy Holly - Not Fade Away: The Complete Studio Recordings also runs in at 36 songs... without even hitting the 80-minute mark.

The third disc of God Bless Tiny Tim: The Complete Reprise Recordings contains no less than 49 tracks, many of which are minute-long demos.

I know there's a Residents album with something like fifty songs that run exactly sixty seconds each, but not sure if anyone here has it.

2. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Short Music for Short People - various artists = 99 tracks.

SoporJoe and GodBlessTinyTim like this.
  3. Sword-of-Kings

Sword-of-Kings Well-Known Member

1 by The Beatles. It has 27 tracks

4. GodBlessTinyTim

Should have known the apparent winner would be a punk album.

theshape likes this.
  5. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

99 Denon Technical CD, mostly audio sounds for testing audio equipment

6. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar has 99 tracks on it but something like 81 of them are silence

I've got plenty of gore-grind CDs that have anywhere from 50-99 actual songs on them

7. GodBlessTinyTim

I most certainly don't personally own it, but...

A two-disc set collecting the early recordings of a band that shall only be referred by its initials, A.C., contains several-thousand "songs" within its 26 tracks, most of which are complete EPs. Tracks 8 and 9 alone are the A and B-side of the 5,643 Song EP.

8. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I have that Residents album. The original LP had 40 tracks and the first CD reissue had 10 bonus tracks as well. All subsequent CD versions only have the original 40.

9. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Nine Inch Nails' "Broken"-ep has also 99 tracks, tracks from 7 to 97 are silence (something like 4 secs each) and after that there's 2 songs in the end on the last 2 tracks.

10. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

yep and "Suck" is just fantastic

11. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Me too! Love the Damned song on there.

theshape likes this.
  12. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

I prefer the original version over the NIN version.

13. Seederman

Seederman Forum Resident

It is worth noting that although I don't think you can buy a CD of it (mp3's are available), Bull of Heaven's Aleph-Eleven (ℵ₁₁) (2011) has ten million tracks (10,000,000), ranging from about 0.02 to 0.05 seconds apiece. Their previous effort, Aleph-Ten (ℵ₁0) had one million tracks.

14. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Most "actual" songs (i.e. not just the number of tracks on the display regardless of content - giving each movement of one song its own track number is just cheating*), in my collection anyway, is The Gerogeriegege's 'Tokyo Anal Dynamite' at 75.

http://www.discogs.com/Gerogerigegege-Tokyo-Anal-Dynamite/release/750542

* I've got a few Stockhausen discs where it's only one or two compositions filling up the entire disc, but they're split into over a hundred track points (more than most players will even show) for "access convenience" which seems like nonsense to me.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.