Led Zeppelin Remasters in 2014+ to include 2nd disc of bonus material (Pt 8)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Thank you.

I watched an un-boxing video on youtube and someone flipped through the PG book...it looked nice.

I was actually now contemplating picking up a couple of the SD sets and preserving them unopened. My real interest, oddly, would be the book though if I were to open them.

Does anyone know how limited the SD sets are? My guess is not very.

2. GuruAskew

GuruAskew Forum Resident

There's no way the June 15 date is plausible at this point. That's 19 days away. The time between announcement and release of the first 3 waves of the reissue campaign were 72, 91 and 47 days, respectively. Even that last relatively-short release window for PG would be more than 2x longer than if they were to announce the next wave today, and the only reason that one was shorter than the other two was the decision to release it on the actual anniversary date.

Assuming the window was as long as the second wave (the longest of the 3) if they were to announce it on June 16 it would be released on 9/14 which is still a little over a week before the end of summer.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Colocally likes this.
  3. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Each SD contains a numbered lithograph and the numbers go up to 30,000. So even if they don't have to make another press/run of any of them, you're still talking quite a lot. So they will probably stay in print for a while, and if they do make un-numbered additional runs, I doubt the numbered versions will be worth much of a premium since the litho album cover print is the only thing that's numbered.

So IMHO the way to go is to just open them if you buy them, as they are not likely to go up in value that much. Keep in mind that if you bought, say, a target CD new in the mid-1980s for the then-typical price of $17, you'd have to sell it for more than $38 today just to get back what you paid for it, adjusting for inflation.

ti-triodes and RK2249 like this.
  4. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

They pressed more then the 30.000 numbered editions as I have HotH with no number on the litho (my mistake as I was too busy on grabbing a box).
    Or maybe I have a collector's item :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

tmtomh and RK2249 like this.
  5. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Or a counterfeit. Just kidding..... :D

RK2249 and mestreech like this.
  6. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Bought my copy direct from the publisher back in '98/'99. I think I ended up with the last copy they had as the first one they sent me had a coffee stain on some of the pages. Excellent book.

7. WPLJ

WPLJ Forum Resident

Well, hopefully we find out what's going to be ON these things come 19 June!:righton:

dee likes this.
  8. cincyjim

cincyjim Senior Member

9. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

10. cincyjim

cincyjim Senior Member

Just for grins, I've added them to my Amazon cart. Let's see what happens June 16th. :)

11. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Interesting. All reports have suggested Coda would be a 2 disc set like the others.

12. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I wonder how they will approach the different covers for ITTOD. Six different versions? Will they come in a bag? HotH replicated the band.

13. FrixFrixFrix

They should definitely have all six with the brown bag. And the Super Deluxe box had better have all of them included!

EDIT: We also better get the watercolor inners

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    johnny q likes this.
  14. I heard the paper bag is being replaced with a reusable shopping bag. :pineapple:

eddiel and RK2249 like this.
  15. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Wasn't there a box set at some point that featured all 6 versions (along with a blue type debut album)?

Since the album is 7 tracks long, in iTunes, each song gets a different cover, with the opening cut getting the outer bag!

16. FrixFrixFrix

I think the CD box set with the mini LP covers had all of those included as extras.

Panama Jack and tmtomh like this.
  17. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Correct.

18. Alfie Noakes

Alfie Noakes Not Dark Yet....

I still dig this out from time to time.. still awesome

zphage likes this.
  19. And for the vinyl, seven 45s with alt. mixes on the B-sides. :cool:

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  20. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Not a cheap book to get nowadays...looks very nice though.

21. T
    It originally went for $100 when it first came out, so it didn't sell well, then it was remaindered for $25 a piece. They have been for sale as high as $1500, but right now in the $200- $400 range is pretty decent.

RK2249 likes this.
  22. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I remember seeing it on the bargain book shelf at a Borders or B Dalton sometime in the late 90s. For some reason, I passed on it. Yet another one of my regrets...

RK2249 likes this.
  23. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

A question-

Does anyone hear background vocals on Night Flight (around the "please Mr Fireman" lines)?
    Someone on another forum said they hear them (for the first time) on the new PG LP.

24. LSP

LSP Well-Known Member

Listened to HD version just now on quite expensive headphones. I don't hear it...there is an echo/delay on RP's vocals, but I don't hear anyone else.

25. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

Thanks for checking. Obviously, I don't hear it (on the cd version) either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.