The Rolling Stones "Sticky Fingers" 2 CD Target Deluxe Edition with FREE vinyl copy!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MekkaGodzilla, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident Thread Starter

$17.99

Exclusively at Target.

The Rolling Stones ‘Sticky Fingers’ 2CD Deluxe Edition, includes the 1LP vinyl of the original album with purchase. Vinyl is redeemable through an included access code, and delivered directly to your door.

One of The Rolling Stones' all-time great albums, 'Sticky Fingers' captures the bands trademark combination of swagger in a superb collection. The classic album features the hit songs 'Brown Sugar,' 'Wild Horses,' 'Bitch,' 'Sister Morphine' and 'Dead Flowers'. The Deluxe Edition features previously unavailable material including alternate versions of 'Brown Sugar’, 'Bitch', 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking', ’'Dead Flowers', 'Wild Horses', plus live tracks from the 1971 The Roundhouse show.

1. Brown Sugar
    2. Sway
    3. Wild Horses
    4. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
    5. You Gotta Move
    6. Bitch
    7. I Got The Blues
    8. Sister Morphine
    9. Dead Flowers
    10. Moonlight Mile

CD 2:
    1. Brown Sugar (Alternate Version w/ Eric Clapton
    2. Wild Horses (Acoustic Version)
    3. Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Alternate Version)
    4. Bitch (Extended Version)
    5. Dead Flowers (Alternate Version)
    6. Live With Me (Live At The Roundhouse, 1971)
    7. Stray Cat Blues (Live At The Roundhouse, 1971)
    8. Love In Vain (Live At The Roundhouse, 1971)
    9. Midnight Rambler (Live At The Roundhouse, 1971)
    10. Honky Tonk Women (Live At The Roundhouse, 1971)

• 2 CD + Vinyl

• Genre: Rock
    other Info.
    • Online Item #: 17488209
    • Store Item Number (DPCI): 012-06-2603
    • Made in the USA
    http://www.target.com/p/the-rolling...sive-with-vinyl-target-exclusive/-/A-17488209

PhantomStranger likes this.
  2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I don't like the fuzzy "vinyl is redeemed online and delivered directly to your door" part.

Is there a handling/shipping fee? Is there a limit one per person? (Could buy two copies to avoid shipping costs for the CDs from Target).

If there a S/H fee, then this becomes a much less hot deal...

3. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I'd say you can bet there will be a s/h fee, but thanks to the OP for this info, nonetheless!

4. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I wanted the 2 lp vinyl anyway with real zipper so no biggie.
    Grabbed the 45 and shirt from Best Buy though.

jsayers likes this.
  5. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

Did you mean the CD single?

jsayers likes this.
  6. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Shipping should be free for the vinyl bonus with the Red Card. Also 5% off the price. I ordered a set -- will sell the vinyl copy.

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Only if it's being fulfilled directly by Target. Do you know that to be the case?

8. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

No, I don't know... ordered it anyway rather than kicking myself later. I think it will be free shipping at least with their credit card. Who can say? :D

9. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I think that's pushing it a bit to expect free shipping, to be honest. They would end up losing money! Then again, you never know....

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

One could ask what's the point of a mail in coupon deal with the record, anyway? Why not bundle them out the door? That would be way more efficient.

11. jeffreybh

jeffreybh Gunter Gleiben Glauchen Globen

It's called "breakage"
    Similar concept to mail in rebates vs just lowering the price. Only a percentage of customers will jump through the hoops to do it so the business saves significant money by not giving something away on the majority that don't bother and/or don't care, while still being able to market something of value to those that do care and/or take the time to jump through the hoops.

ARK, JasonA, sparkydog and 1 other person like this.
  12. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

It's now $19.99, still a great deal

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

So what is the fine print on the "free" vinyl album, in terms of shipping/handling cost, etc?

14. DigMyGroove

S&H on the initial CD order is $2.79, the order acknowledgement email doesn't contain any other info on costs associated with having the LP delivered.

15. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

The weekly newspaper ad listed the sale price of $17.99 for the Tuesday release. (price good thru Saturday)

16. DigMyGroove

When I clicked t
    he link given at the top of this thread I found that at least as if yesterday the price had gone up $2.00

17. Tjazz

The newspaper price is the brick/mortar store. Not the online price.

18. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Mine is on the way. I'll let you know if there's a shipping fee for the "free" vinyl.

19. Marshman96

Marshman96 Forum Resident

I know this is premature also but are they giving away the current pressing and on 180gr.

20. Tjazz

I just did the LP redemption and there was no charge for shipping.

You go to this site and enter your code. Your address/phone/email are requested. 4-6 weeks shipping.

http://www.sfvinylredemption.com/

21. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Well, color me PISSED OFF! :rant:

I took a lunchtime drive to my local Target only to be confronted with a blank display spot for the reissue. One of the minimum wage staff asked if I needed help finding anything and I said "yeah, this" and pointed. She scanned it and said "we're out of stock". I said, I have a hard time believing you've sold out of an item by noon that was listed in your online ad and she said, "it looks like we won't be getting any in until the 11th".

No wonder people have stopped bothering with the Targets/Best Buys of the world...

22. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Me too. I'm glad I took the chance. Heh.
    FWIW, it seems to be available still on Target's website at $17.99.

Tjazz likes this.
  23. Alan P

Alan P Forum Resident

Purchased at Target for $17.99, went to link, no charge for s/h. 4-6 weeks for delivery.....

24. gripkey

gripkey Active Member

I bought a Target 2cd/mailed lp set today for $17.99, only to open and discover it had no lp redemption card/code. Has anyone else had this experience? For those who did had the card/code...what and where was it?

25. Alan P

Alan P Forum Resident

The card was with the booklet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.