Rotel RX950 receiver right channel out

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jasonb, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasonb

Jasonb Forum Resident Thread Starter

The right channel seems to have gone out on my receiver. I switched the speakers over to channel B from channel A and everything seemed to work ok. Now channel B seems to have lost the right channel also. I switched the speakers around to see if it was a problem elsewhere but it seems to be the right channel on the amp unless I'm missing something. Time for a new amp?

2. The Seeker

The Seeker Forum Resident

Physically swap your speaker cables. If the problem is consistent, then yes...time for a new amp. Unless you're so in love with your Rotel that you want to pay for repair costs. Like inexpensive solid state integrated? Get yourself an Arcam Alpha 7, 8, 9 or NAD 3020.

3. Dmitry

Dmitry Forum Resident

If I replaced my amps every time i lost a channel, I'd have a lot of amps laying around...I'd check the internal fuse for the dead channel first. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, take it to a tech. Your receiver also works as a preamp.If you have a power amp, you can easily connect it to the "pre out" of your reciever, without fixing the dead channel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.