Game of Thrones Season Five! No Spoilers Please!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Religious fanaticism aside, these interactions are very interesting because Cersi (and Lady Olenna) don't know how to handle the High Sparrow. They are political animals and he is simply a true believer with no political ambitions. Cersi thought she was manipulating him and then it blow up in her face, most satisfying.

Dreadnought, Tristero and ascot like this.
  2. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I wouldn't be surprised if Stannis's crazy wife ends up killing his daughter at Melisandre's bidding.

vince likes this.
  3. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Maybe this is just being pedantic, but the High Sparrow absolutely has political ambitions, it's just that he is completely open and honest about them. Politics is about power and he wants it and wants to use it to achieve his aims.

Of course you're right that the power players he's dealing with just aren't used to that blunt honesty. That is why this is my favorite plot line- he is apples, they're oranges going wtf

4. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Speaking of Gendry, when did we last see him? I'm drawing a blank without doing any googling, which I don't want to do.

5. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Maybe the Frankenstein Mountain of will be unleashed upon the Sparrows :laugh:

6. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

As some have already mentioned, it could well be that those around Stannis (including Melissandre) have forgotten he was a Targaryen. Or even more likely, they didn't know it at all. Plus, sacrificing him would incur the wrath of the Night's Watch. Granted, they're vastly outnumbered, but Stannis is guest in their castle. Violating someone's hospitality is a very severe 'crime' in Westeros (as also told by Bran in a story in I believe episode 10 of season 3, then making a link for the audience to the Red Wedding), so that's probably something Stannis The Very Righteous also didn't want to be responsible for.

Plus, it might very well be that Melissandre wants a Baratheon sacrifice, not a Targaryen one. After all, it is a Baratheon that wants to take Winterfell (and ultimately the Iron Throne).

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I could see that happening.

Oh, MAN! I could only imagine THAT happening!

8. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Maybe it's Stannis who's going to be sacrificed :oops:

9. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

It's been a while since we visited the Maester's laboratory.

What happened to Varys? Did he just give up and go home once Tyrion disappeared from the toilet?

10. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I thought maybe no one knew but then there was Sam at his funeral going "His name was Aemon Targaryen and he was the blood of the dragon." So I guess it was known at the castle anyway.

11. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

On a rowboat, after Davos set him free to escape Melisandre's witchcraft

12. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Thank you. That was bugging me ever since his name was mentioned earlier lol.

So, for now, the foll0wing all have possible legitimate claims to the throne:

Tommen Baratheon- by virtue of having it currently, though not possessing Baratheon blood
    Stannis Baratheon - brother of Robert
    Gendry - bastard son of Robert
    Daenerys Targaryen - daughter of Aerys, the King before Robert, who was killed by Jaime

Anybody else?

13. I'm hoping it's the end for Melisandre, she has got to go.

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

I can't believe there are only a handful of episodes left. There is really too much going on and one too many dull story lines. Here's hoping we see some actual movement/action this week.

Leviethan likes this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

she's one of the few good antagonists left. the show is sorely lacking in them right now.

agentalbert likes this.
  16. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

R + L = J

This references a popular fan theory that I won't explain here in deference to those who aren't intetested in the speculations of those who've read the books. But of course you can Google or PM me.

17. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Okay over the past month I have binge watched Game Of Thrones on HBO Now. I'm on the 5th season but it only goes as far as episode 7. Is that the most current episode as of today? I wonder how soon subsequent episodes might be added.

18. Werner Berghofer

Werner Berghofer Forum Resident

19. Blender

Blender Forum Resident

John Snow, most likely.

20. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

My and I, too, only recently started 'binge-watching' it. While you're all caught up, it's worth starting again from the beginning... little things start to 'pop-up' that you may have missed.

21. Blender

Blender Forum Resident

Plenty of hints have been revealed in the show.

22. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Yes, especially this season. I know some people have been disappointed with this season, and I agree that it's a bit slower-paced than other years, but I like how they've incorporated a lot of Westeros history this season. Along with all growing hints of winter coming, I think the showrunners are setting up for the final arc that will take us through the next two seasons.

agentalbert and Blender like this.
  23. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I've read that somewhere too, by accident.

It seems more speculative to me though, whereas the ones I mentioned all have seemingly legitimate claims to the throne based on what we know of them currently on the show..

24. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Maester Aemon's vote might have been in recognition of Jon's true lineage.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  25. Blender

Blender Forum Resident

If you want to ignore the speculation, you can still add Marcella to the list, so long as she is in Dorne.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Aggie87 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.