Game of Thrones Season Five! No Spoilers Please!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

I would argue that Gendry has more of a claim than any of the Lannisters. I know they're Baratheon by name but not Roberts true heirs. But Gendrys off in a row boat somewhere. Unless he fell out. (Davos warned him,"Don't fall out") :winkgrin:

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Aggie87 likes this.
  2. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Doesn't make sense because Melissandre can tell if kings blood runs in the veins just from her senses, like she did with Gendry. This is a case of sloppy writing as they deviate from the book more and more. Like the whole Dorne sequence, really sloppy.

3. John Moschella

Not sure is Stannis would be in front of Gendry. Certainly if Gendry had not been a bastard then he is first.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  4. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

I would agree that Stannis would be ahead of Gendry.

5. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Daenerys also has an equally valid claim, as the next in line from her father Aerys, who was King, and involuntarily removed from the throne.

6. Blender

Blender Forum Resident

True, but if Game of Thrones has taught me anything, it is armies that matter. Dorne has one. Gendry has Hot Pie.

agentalbert, Ed Hughes and dkmonroe like this.
  7. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

It might also be that she's a charlatan and has access to more information that most people know, but is not infallible in her perceptions.

8. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

I'd say the supernatural murder of Renley shows that she's no charlatan. However, there is some wiggle room between not being a charlatan and being infallible.

brew ziggins and dkmonroe like this.
  9. John Moschella

This is not the case, I can't (or won't) give you the proof because there will be a whole bunch of whiney posts about spoilers. I will say that this issue is properly handled in the book and sloppy in the show.

GentleSenator and dkmonroe like this.
  10. dkmonroe

Fair enough, but there's something off about her. She doesn't seem like someone serving a religion, even a deviant one - she seems like a person out for her own power.

11. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Which reminds me; I guess we won't be seeing that other 'priestess' that caught Tyrion's eye before he went to the brothel again, then?

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

You never know. She could turn up. How did Jorah know who Tyrion was in the brothel, I wonder? They hadn't met before.

13. Don't they all?

14. dkmonroe

My wife had mentioned to me that she had seen that actress' name in future episodes and she thought that the other Red Priestess would be a significant character. My wife isn't really "into" the show any further than just watching it with me, but she was looking up various cast members and thought that we'd see that new character again. I wish we would, because it's long been my suspicion that if the rest of the R'llor crowd knew what Melisandre was up to, they'd be seriously displeased. I could be mistaken of course.

Michael likes this.
  15. vince

The actress looked familiar to me. I think she was in that last Wolverene 'solo' movie.

16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

That was pretty awesome.

Rufus McDufus and vince like this.
  17. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

So Jon's blow killed a White Walker.. does this mean he is the Blood of the Dragon?

vince likes this.
  18. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

WOW. Just WOW !!!

19. dkmonroe

Saying that is WORSE than posting a spoiler!! :laugh:

20. DreadPikathulhu

Another slow, tedious episode of Game of Thrones. I really wish something interesting would happen.

:p

21. dkmonroe

That's more like it! I feel much better about my decision to wait til tomorrow night to watch it! :laugh:

22. DreadPikathulhu

If that's the case, you'd better stay offline until then because spoilers will be everywhere.

Gaslight, vince and dkmonroe like this.
  23. dkmonroe

I really don't care - I often check out spoilers for TV shows I watch. With GoT I kinda read them out of one eye so that I get the general gist but not all the details. When Buffy The Vampire Slayer was airing, I read spoilers of every episode a few days before they aired at AintItCoolNews. It didn't diminish my enjoyment one iota! :laugh:

24. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Great episode - it had to be episode 8, lol.

25. vince

So, we're all agreed....... that was an awesome episode!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.