Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

Tom Petty Hypnotic Eye 2-LP version is currently under $20 shipped from 3 different 3rd party sellers. I just got a shipping notice from importcds but I guess there's a risk that they'll actually ship the 1 LP version. However, if you look at the single LP listing, 2 of the 3 sellers have the single LP listed for around $25 shipped. I figured it was worth a shot.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KIZ9FTY/

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  2. Naughty Chord

Update: Just received my package from importcds and indeed they did ship me the 2 LP version. At $15.43 plus shipping this is a great deal. Compare to amazon at $37.90, $49.97 at bullmoose, and $50.98 at amoeba.

Dan, imarcq, Lethrus and 2 others like this.
  3. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

This is so, so tempting. I've got the single disc version, but I love this album so much I might have to go for it!

black sheriff and Naughty Chord like this.
  4. Naughty Chord

I haven't heard the single disc version but the 2 disc version sounds outstanding to me. I didn't expect to like this album as much as I do. And the eye etching on the 4th side is actually pretty cool looking for a side without music.

5. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

This album has been in constant rotation for me since it came out and I was not expecting that. I'll venture to say that its gonna end up being seen as one of his late classics. Jesus, Faultlines is one of the greatest things he's ever done. The perfect middle age song for me at least.:laugh:

black sheriff and Naughty Chord like this.
  6. Naughty Chord

I was really surprised how good the guitars sounded on this one. The lead guitar sound in particular is thick and beefy and it sounds like the whole band is recorded in a big room. I've bought and listened to 11 Tom Petty albums this week and this is definitely in the top 3 for me.

mick_sh and katstep like this.
  7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

8. paul....r

paul....r Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    black sheriff and dasacco like this.
  9. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Just curious, what was the Amazon Prime price?

10. paul....r

Sorry, I tried to post quick and forgot some of the info. It was $7

black sheriff likes this.
  11. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

I just got the 2 disc version (still the same price from importcd's) and did a brief comparision with the single disc and noticed it was a little louder, but fuller. It responds a little more nicely to a clockwise motion on the volume knob than the single disc version. Throw in the extra track and for me it was worth the double dip at <20 bucks.

I also noticed the timings in the 2 LP set are all longer, between a few and 30 seconds each. I haven't directly compared, I'm guessing perhaps longer fades or maybe nothing at all?

Naughty Chord likes this.
  12. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I also got the 2LP edition from Collector's Choice via Amazon.
    Arrived today.

Many thanks for the heads up!

13. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

I received my Petty Hypnotic Eye 2 lp. Have to say I was disappointed with the packaging. A soft mailer that resulted in a big corner ding and some seam splitting but based on what I read about Import CD's lack of good customer service, I'm just gonna choose to suck it up and avoid hassle although these things tend to get under my skin. I did buy it for the sound so I am happy about the price. Haven't played it yet but vinyl looks nice, without blemishes. Appreciate the heads-up on the deal!

14. jcure

jcure Forum Resident

15. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

I bought this as well, and was pleased to find that the digital download came in both the 320 mp3 and the 24/48 FLAC. While I don't need the mp3, I was going to buy the hi-res files from HDTracks - now I don't have to.

Not bad for +/- $15!

16. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Btw, I needledropped "Shadow People" which shows 7:19 on the double LP, but 6:43 on the other versions. The needledrop was 6:43, so I'm not sure why the labels show the different timings.

17. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

The Blu ray has the bonus track tacked onto the end of Shadow People. It also has it as a separate track.

18. Lethrus

Lethrus Forum Resident

Just another THANK YOU to Naughty Chord for the Tom Petty Hypnotic Eye tip! I received mine today.
    As a Petty fan, I'm happy to have this two-disc version, and I'm looking forward to giving it a spin tonight!
    Despite importcd's soft mailer (c'mon, how about a box?), my elpee survived the journey without any blemishes to the cover whatsoever. I'm a happy man tonight. :D

Andy Boyd and Naughty Chord like this.
  19. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Strangley enough I have had them send me several records in that mailer and never once had I any damage.

20. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    GentleSenator likes this.
  21. paul....r

johnnypaddock likes this.
  22. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

23. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

24. theron d