Shuga Records in Minnesota*

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by jlc76, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodz42

Rodz42 Forum Resident

That is a perfect comparison. Spot on

2. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

They're asking the highest price I've ever seen "anywhere", for a VG+ Mono UK Sgt. Pepper @ $850 OBO! That's if it's in truly VG+ condition and not extremely over graded! Sorry.....but I'd rather pay an additional $25 for international shipping, for a copy from a UK seller at a quarter of the price. Probably in better condition as well!

That US White Album #0000943 they're selling for $1,875 looks tempting.....even though the back cover looks water damaged.....LOL! Don't think they'll be my Beatles headquarters for any vinyl purchases!

Rodz42 likes this.
  3. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

One word: Avoid

4. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

My experience exactly. That store is the equivalent of the girl that looked ok at the bar at closing time and you only really see what you got yourself into once you wake up next to her. You don't need to live this as we have for you. Please learn from our mistakes. :)

5. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

The big question is......Will they survive at their new Chicago location, if their current prices and record grading practices continue?

6. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

I've yet to go to the Chicago store because of the silly prices on-line. I have bought things from Vintage Vinyl many times though. The condition is always as described and almost always near mint.

7. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

I wondered about their service and won't be doing business w/them thanks to your post. Thanks for the info. :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.