Kanye West vs Freddie Mercury .....and the winner is ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by helter, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

Always hated Bohemian Rhapsody.

2. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

I have two Kanye CDs and no Queen. Kanye wins for me, though not on "Bohemian Rhapsody."

3. No doubt... Freddy hands down...

4. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Even Bob Dylan acknowledged that things were getting worse with his song "Things Have Changed", from 2000... just in time for the new century. ('People are crazy and times are strange. I used to care -- but things have changed').

As to the OP's question, I'll go with Freddy.

Andrew Russe likes this.
  5. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

...no way!....;)

Sondek and starduster like this.
  6. Andrew Russe

Andrew Russe Forum Resident

Ah! But was Bob Dylan acknowledging things were "getting worse" ... or just that "things have changed" and he's passed trying to understand how/why, passed even caring about it? A kind of "OK fine, let them get on with it, I'll do my thing" :D (This is actually my position in talking about music and tastes - and it's therefore what I project onto what he's saying/acknowledging :))

Bobby Morrow and JohnnyQuest like this.
  7. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Dylan sings "Bohemian Rhapsody" versus Freddie. Who's the winner?

8. Andrew Russe

Andrew Russe Forum Resident

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

To be honest, I reckon Bob Dylan could do a banging version of it! (And I'm a HUGE Freddie Mercury fan...)

Btw - I keep forgetting to add this... I reckon that Freddie would probably have had quite a bit of time for what Kanye does. He was into good pop music and wanted to create good pop music. And good pop music, regardless of individuals' tastes is, popular music.

I saw tweets on saturday night, Freddie was trending in the UK - and it was people going "omigod Kanye's just murdered Freddie" "Freddie must be turning in his grave"

I don't think Freddie would have seen it like that at all. I think he'd have laughed... taken the p1ss next time he bumped into Kanye... and he'd probably have gone on to ask "By the way, darling, where's my money?" :D

BeatleJWOL and JohnnyQuest like this.
  9. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Moderator Note:

This immature thread is now closed!

Oatsdad, Grant, bobfrombob and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.