How much are you willing to pay for a record?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vinylvark, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Most I paid was $150. For mfsl's beck sea change.

2. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I don't think I have a most I'd pay. All depends how bad I want something. I try to get things before they explode in price, like the Vanilla Sky soundtrack.

3. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

I chose up to $200 but that may not be my limit. I have one that I paid $152. I have one coming this week that was $75. These are not really anything special and I know they were digitally sourced. It's just that they didn't press many, they are very unlikely to get a repress and I wanted them.

4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

There really isn't an upper limit if I can afford the lp and I really want it. Unfortunately I am not extremely rich so my top dollar isn't in the thousands. :)

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

You can't really expect a record released 40 (or whatever) years ago to be priced at the same price today. That's unrealistic.

lennonfan1 likes this.
  6. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

I have paid $400+ several times and there are a few on my want list that are gonna be $1000 or so so I guess my realistic limit might be $1000. However if someone told me they had a Decca Leaf Hound LP mint for sale I would pay them maybe $2500, but that record goes for more usually so I would still prob not get it.....

if people arent willing to pay more than $20, or $50 or $100 then there are simply a lot of albums you will NEVER get, no matter how long you wait or how lucky you think youre gonna get

1970 likes this.
  7. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

Usually no more than $ 25-30 for good import pressing. No more than $10 for domestic US, they not rare, like some sellers try to make it look, pressed in millions and even if sound quality as good as UK or German (which is rare), label design often unattractive and print quality of covers usually suck. Of course I'm talking about British classic rock, which I'm mostly interested in. Jazz and American rock could be another story, but that's not my thing.
    I paid once $100 for UK mono White Album in VG shape at best ,but on the last record show a couple of month ago I scored another copy in much better shape for $30. Just shows you that if you patient enough, most of what you looking for will eventually show up at much better price.

8. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

Best Wishes,
    Pandora

9. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

$40 for a single if I REALLY want it. Under $30 and then I hesitate in most cases.

10. manxman

manxman Forum Resident

Most I've ever paid for an album was £4000, though that was half cash and half trade.

Steel Horse likes this.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I love Tarney Spencer Band. :righton:

Jarleboy likes this.
  12. What was it?

13. manxman

manxman Forum Resident

The self-titled album by an early seventies hard rock/prog band called Collusion. It was issued without a sleeve and they only made 99 copies.

14. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

For a single LP up to $30, generally, though I can be pushed to 50-60 for something rare that I really need to own. I think $66 was the most I ever paid for a single record.

15. Linus Vendeen

Linus Vendeen Forum Resident

Most I would usually pay is about 20 pounds, ideally less. a few years ago I set out to buy good copies of Nick Drake Pink Moon and Bryter Layter, Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers and The Wailers Catch a Fire with the zippo cover. Max I paid was 150 pounds but the rest came in at about half that.
    In the end I wanted the best I could get of these as they were important to me, not just as recordings but as physical albums.

16. Just got "outbid" the other day on ebay. Bid over $100 for a Chris Whitley album and didn't get it:rant: I felt stupid at first for bidding so much, then pissed when I got outbid. I really wanted a copy of that one. I bought a mint Buckingham Nicks for half that much, so I have definitely lost my mind and am suffering from a severe case of vinyl fever.:drool:

17. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

50-60 tops - how many records can you listen to at one time?

18. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

How many turntables do you got ?

19. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

2 turntables and a microphone

20. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

Most I ever paid for a single LP was $80 for a mint RL Rage Against the Machine original pressing. Never regretted it.

21. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

Yowsers manxman! Have you ever played it?

22. I've not spent more than $200, but I would if there was something I felt I had to have. I have spent between $100-$200 ea on about a dozen titles.

23. Rachel

Rachel Active Member

I wish I could say over 200. Perhaps if I were in a different stage in life I would say that. For now, I think the most expensive I could go is $50 if I was just dying for it.

24. manxman

manxman Forum Resident

Yes — that's what I bought it for.

David.m, 1970, Revolver and 2 others like this.
  25. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

Respect :) I would have needledropped that puppy then encased it in kryptonite!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.